Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,764   Online: 861

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crispinuk View Post
    I can back up Mr Teague and recommend the UK OP ( I must declare my vested interest as they used one of my pictures for the "opening shot" this month )
    I just got the July 2007 Outdoor Photography issue. Is this the one with your cover? It is a beautiful image. There are a lot of film based images in this issue - when you open the magazine, you immediately see an image taken with a Nikon F100 on Velvia, and that continues throughout the magazine. Yes, there are digital images as well, but they fall apart compared to the film images - the contrast between the two is obvious.

BTW, I also picked up the July 2007 Photography Monthly. A cover image taken on 35mm Velvia. Stunning as well.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Outdoor Photo article: I too was bemused by that poorly written article. Maybe it didn't occur to the dimwitted author to make it clear that film involves more than 35mm (med format, LF which blow away most DSLRs and even some med format digital backs), not to mention that even with a DSLR you need a really top flight expensive one to provide the capability of image quality close to or superior to 35mm film (maybe Canon 5D, 1DsMII).

Emulsion magazine - I paid for a subscription about two months ago, but got no response from several emails and even different email addresses. I had to get my money back via Paypal. Either they are on some long vacation, their computer has been down for weeks, or maybe some business problem. Hopefully they will continue to publish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photocolor View Post
    Emulsion magazine - I paid for a subscription about two months ago, but got no response from several emails and even different email addresses. I had to get my money back via Paypal. Either they are on some long vacation, their computer has been down for weeks, or maybe some business problem. Hopefully they will continue to publish.
    I think Emulsion is entirely a labor of love. Unfortunately, love's labor may be lost when the folks who have undertaken to publish it are part time in every sense of the term. I've not yet chosen to subscribe for that reason. I wish Aggie well, but have not yet been convinced that Emulsion is anything more than the project of dilettantes. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I think Emulsion is entirely a labor of love. Unfortunately, love's labor may be lost when the folks who have undertaken to publish it are part time in every sense of the term. I've not yet chosen to subscribe for that reason. I wish Aggie well, but have not yet been convinced that Emulsion is anything more than the project of dilettantes. I hope I'm proven wrong.
    ?

Is this guidance or opinion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    ?

Is this guidance or opinion?
    Opinion. Be guided by it as you may.....or may not.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum View Post
    Hey John, see yer sportin' a new badge there.
    Yup....it's put a new hole in my tee shirt!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Opinion. Be guided by it as you may.....or may not.
    Thanks. I appreciate the clarification although it would have been better if it had not been followed by a Greek chorus.

EDIT: A "disappearing" Greek chrous at that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tsk, Tsk, George. If you want to play with the big kids, you have play nicely.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Tsk, Tsk, George. If you want to play with the big kids, you have play nicely.

Steve
    A-yup, hear you on that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin