Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,495   Online: 674

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I just got the July 2007 Outdoor Photography issue. Is this the one with your cover?
    No, my picture is in the August issue, which was published in July here and will probably be with you in September I didn't make it onto the cover, it's in the double page spread on page 2, where the Nikon F100 shot of the castle is in the July issue.

Crispin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crispinuk View Post
    No, my picture is in the August issue, which was published in July here and will probably be with you in September I didn't make it onto the cover, it's in the double page spread on page 2, where the Nikon F100 shot of the castle is in the July issue.

Crispin
    Great Crispin, I'll be watching for it. This is the one magazine I always buy.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    The real sadness, for me, comes when I open one of my file cabinets and re-read my saved copies of Camera and Darkroom. Those old issues are certainly not without their faults, but they continue to improve when compared with the abysmal quality of Photographic magazines of today in general. C&D, although dated (!) is/ was at least an order of magnitude ahead, then - and now, rapidly approaching the second.

Oh, if only someone could resurrect that Magazine - Call it "Darkroom and Camera", or "Vintage Photography" or whatever the hell would fly - only with the same format, direction, contributors, philosophies ....

Great suffering ZOT!! (with apologies to B.C. and Johnny Hart - where ever he may be ...) - I miss that magazine!
    I recently found an old issue of Camera and Darkroom and liked it. Great article on building a darkroom. Too bad it is gone, looks like some nice articles. Maybe I can find more issues to read.

--John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Beware all potential subscribers of EMULSION MAGAZINE. I paid for a two-year subscription, did not receive any issue so far and had no response from them in spite many emails I sent requesting informations.
    Did anyone here has received any issue by now??
    What kind of people are they?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by friendlyrod View Post
    Beware all potential subscribers of EMULSION MAGAZINE. I paid for a two-year subscription, did not receive any issue so far and had no response from them in spite many emails I sent requesting informations.
    Last I heard they were working on the 4th issue. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the status is.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too had difficulty trying to get a subscription to "Emulsion" magazine. I guess I'll wait until things settle and they have a greater commitment in responding to subscribers.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too have paid for 2 years. I have received two issues. I see that a new (3rd?) issue is out now and hope to receive it. What email address are you using to contact them. I only see one for editorial content, and a snail mail address. I'm not sure about their record keeping.

Please if anyone knows how to get in touch with them, let them know that customers are waiting for magazines.

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Crispin,

I meant to get back to you earlier. I saw your image in OP and thought it was outstanding. Too bad it wasn't the cover photo... Thanks for sharing...
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Images
    Hmmmm....Interesting first post.

I subscribed and got all of mine. I know aggie does not come here anymore so sending PMs won't work. Other than that, good luck.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've gotten three issues of _Emulsion_. Maybe it was a problem with foreign shipping. Unfortunately, we moved recently, so my copies of the magazine are in storage at the moment, but maybe someone who has one can see if there is an e-mail address other than the one on the website for someone you could contact.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin