Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,557,000   Online: 1133

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Show at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts

If you get a chance to see this show, it is well worth it.

From their web page: http://www.artsmia.org/index.php?sec...=2&exh_id=2713

The Search to See: Photographs from the Collection of Frederick B. Scheel Part I

Saturday, July 7, 2007—Sunday, November 4, 2007
    Harrison Photography Gallery 362
    Free Exhibition

An exhibition in two parts highlighting and celebrating the extraordinary donation of more than 400 fine photographs collected over a period of nearly forty years by Frederick B. Scheel. The collection demonstrates his knowledge of the salient features and the outstanding practitioners of photography from the late 19th century until the 1960s. The photographers represented are a virtual who’s who of the history of photography. Notable are David Octavius Hill, Alfred Stiegliz, Frederick H. Evans, Paul Strand, Edward Weston, Henri Cartier-Breson, Andre Kertesz, Albert Renger Patzsch, Bill Brandt, Gordon Parks, W. Eugene Smith, Minor White and numerous others of considerable importance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info on this fantastic show. I'll be passing through the area between now and the end of October on one of my photo trips so I'll be sure to see this exhibition. What a great combination of photograhers represented!

Marc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin