Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,190   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

View Camera mag issue

Hi,

I paid my 2 years subscription in late june and I didn't receive anything yet.
    I emailed them, called them... No response so far.

Any of you had the same issue ?

Best,
    Guillaume

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I signed up last year and it took 4 months to get my first issue. I never found out why, but they came consistently after that. Good luck!
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    View Camera is a very small operation. They don't have the depth of resources as a Condé Nast, or Time Life. Next to driving over to New Mexico and knocking on their door, I suggests patience and a few more phone calls.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could also try PM'ing Ted Harris, or send him an email.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There seems to be all sorts of problems with magazine subscriptions these days. I'm also trying to get the people at Focus (as well as another small magazine) to send my issues in a timely manner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Magazines are SO 20th century.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Steve Simmons regulary posts over on LF. Send him or Ted a PM. They will take care of getting them to you.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had the same problem getting my subscription going a couple of years ago. I didn't renew.
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili View Post
    Hi,

I paid my 2 years subscription in late june and I didn't receive anything yet.
    I emailed them, called them... No response so far.

Any of you had the same issue ?

Best,
    Guillaume
    Guillaume,

As others have suggested, a phone call or PM will probably get your question answered in short order.

Keep in mind View Camera is published bi-monthly. It usually ships to subscribers between the 1st and 10th of the month. How long it takes en route is a function of the US Postal Service and out of the control of View Camera. It doesn't go first class (I believe it's "Media Mail", which used to be called second class). So, the shipping times are longer, especially to get to the west coast (the publisher is located in New Mexico, but the magazine is printed back east and shipped to subscribers from the printer).

It sounds like you missed the June/July issue (which would have shipped prior to ordering your subscription) and will likely be receiving the Aug/Sep issue within the next week or so (assuming it shipped on schedule and the Postal Service gets it to you with reasonable dispatch).

Kerry

Shooter
    Medium Format

subscriptions are out of house...

I've learned that subscriptions to even the most wonderful little magazines are often handled by a specialized service located who-knows-where, and their indifferent service may not be a reflection of the nice folks who do the publishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin