Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,696   Posts: 1,549,066   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been seriously turned off by a comment that I read of Meyerwitz' talking about Eggleston's first solo show at MOMA in which he expressed that Eggleston was a mediocre black and white photographer until he saw Meyerowitz' work and began to "copy" him. He also went on to say that Eggleston only got the show because Meyerowitz didn't have a lot of money to make prints and Eggleston apparently was rich. These comments and a video I saw of him shooting recently (as well as his attitudes on his 9/11 book) have completely turned me off to his work. He doesn't seem like a very pleasant person, at least by my definitions.

Patrick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have also seen a couple of videos of Meyerowitz where he has come off snobbish and childish. I try not to let it affect my perceptions of the work. Must be the "seriously asshole artist" syndrome. My favorite photographer, Cartier-Bresson wrote the book on this.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have never thought that Meyerowitz' book does this region anything like justice. This is an area that has been photographed much better by a lot of people. I'm not surprised that his book is being sold cheaply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Meyerowitz book "Cape Light" was probably the single most influential factor in causing me to gravitate toward large format work. It is one of my favorites.

But I find "Bay/Sky" to be pretentious and boring.

Unfortunately, the Barnes & Noble I was in yesterday didn't have his Tuscany book.
    Louie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin