Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,504   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Struan,

Here's the Scottish Photographers website, meant to add it to the Caroline Dear query...

http://www.scottish-photographers.com/

And Schlapp, sorry if I too have caused the thread to lurch off topic...! :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Didn't manage to make it up during festival, due to a whole load of reasons (although am going on a 5 day photo trip to North West Highlands in 2 weeks time, but festival over by then ).

Any feedback on how festival went?

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I went to two events - a gathering at Duntholm Castle with Photogs, a piper and a Gaillic singer - and a gathering in Staffin with John MacPherson - author of Unknown Hebrides. Both good fun - and accessible without a car since the ferrry from the Isle of Lewis where we live is expensive with a car!
    Also saw an exhibition in Uig of George Wilson Washington prints of the area which was excellent.
    They has a photo comp too with £500 first prize in each of 3 sections - and a silver gelatin print one one section - which was cool since I was the only person there with film in my camara [not my picture that won I must add].The plan, I'm told is to make the thing much bigger and better but they need a bit of help.
    The weather was wonderful and as was the welcome. Shall go again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp View Post
    I went to two events - a gathering at Duntholm Castle with Photogs, a piper and a Gaillic singer - and a gathering in Staffin with John MacPherson - author of Unknown Hebrides. Both good fun - and accessible without a car since the ferrry from the Isle of Lewis where we live is expensive with a car!
    Also saw an exhibition in Uig of George Wilson Washington prints of the area which was excellent.
    They has a photo comp too with £500 first prize in each of 3 sections - and a silver gelatin print one one section - which was cool since I was the only person there with film in my camara [not my picture that won I must add].The plan, I'm told is to make the thing much bigger and better but they need a bit of help.
    The weather was wonderful and as was the welcome. Shall go again.
    Thanks for update on how things went. It sounds like a great festival. Will try to go next year now that I know the rough dates. I might even try and enter a picture or two to the competition...!

Cheers,
    Gavin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin