Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,107   Online: 1050

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New catalogue including Japanese photo books online

I hope this is not considered phishing :o but the bookshop I work for has just released a new catalogue, which has a number of fine Japanese photography books for sale (many signed by the photographers). You can view the descriptions online at www.rarebook.com/cat37/p.htm & www.rarebook.com/cat37/p2.htm.
    Dana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for posting the links, you aren't trying to sell to us rather giving us information, which we probably would never find otherwise. I had a look and its interesting, out of my price league for that wonderful album

One comment I'd make is there are a lot of Photographs for sale but almost no images.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-13-2007 at 01:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add a comment

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are some really terrific items listed here! More terrific, mostly, than my wallet

I have made some excellent finds and purchases by just getting lucky here in the states, such as a Moriyama "Farewell Photography" (the 2005 reprint) which I found just a couple of weeks back, still in the shrinkwrap and selling at retail for a small fraction of the typical secondhand prices... I also found a copy of the Szarkowski-curated catalog for the 1970's MOMA "Contemporary Japanese Photography" show and paid only a small fistful of bucks for it. Like new.

When I was at Moriyama et al's PlaceM recently, I started counting up the Japanese photo books with ENGLISH titles -- they are a significant majority! This is common for many Japanese books, but really prevalent for photo books. Wonder why that is. Few are really known outside Japan.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin