Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,139   Online: 1021

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The catalog, titled "Impressed By Light: British Photographs from Paper Negatives, 1840–1860", is priced at $75 and is available in hardcover only (members get 10% discount) - if you buy from the Met. However, I found that Amazon.com has it for $47.25. Also, if you buy this book/catalog from the Met along with the book "All the Mighty World: The Photographs of Roger Fenton", they have it for $95.00.

I hope they will have a softcover edition of the catalog sometime in the near future.

Please be sure to call the museum to check that all four galleries are open before you visit. I believe the gallery that was closed yesterday was the one that had photographs from India and Burma, titled "Under an Indian Sky" as per the Met's website. I was really interested in this gallery.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is coming up next weekend :-).

I just wanted to check what the specific plans (if any yet) are; I'd like to get my plans in order soon-ish.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It looks like the DC gang is not coming - I've had one party cancel out, and I need to stay in town to work on my grad school applications.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This exhibition is traveling to DC (in Feb?), so maybe you can catch it then....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah. I think we're going to do the outing to see the show when it comes here. If anyone wants to see it and can't catch it in NY, y'all are welcome to come down this way and we'll put out the welcome wagon for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might make a trip down there to see the 25% that I missed at the Met. I quite like DC!

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I'm still interested in going to this show on the 8th and may hit the Czech photography show at Howard Greenberg Gallery afterwards.
    If anyone is interested in meeting up, please PM or email me.

Thanks,
    Victor

Also-Many of the Met Museum and MOMA books can be bought at The Strand on Broadway and 12th for a significant discount. http://www.strandbooks.com/app/www/p...?subject_id=15
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed! Thanks for the tip, Victor!

(BTW, if you are going to the Met mainly for this exhibition, it would be a good idea to call and find out if all four galleries dedicated to the exhibition are open.)

Best wishes,
    Sanjay
    Last edited by Sanjay Sen; 12-01-2007 at 09:04 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Opps!

Shooter
    35mm
    Every time we go to NYC we go to the Met. The photo exhibits are reliably. very good. The last one we saw was a large set of paper negative work starting with Talbot. Very infornative.

Even the corridor outside the exhibit rooms has fantastic gems on display.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd still like to meet folks at the Met, if we can find a time to meet up. Any time after, ay, 10am works for me. Is anyone else coming other than Vic. and Alan?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin