Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,286   Online: 893

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

los angeles river orotones _ exhibit

I just thought i'd post a notice of the exhibition in Pasadena of my large scale "orotones" from the los angeles river -- [see my gallery for a brief explanation and some very difficult to understand images - they don't translate well from the original gold mirrored quality] -- i've been working on the project for quite a while and it's nice to see them get some air.

i would love to see some LApug-ers on saturday!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails elrioporciuncula.jpg  
    "the age of nature is past; it has finally exhausted the patience of all sensitive minds by the loathsome monotony of its landscapes and skies." naturaimmemorial.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm supposed to go to an ex-roomie's opening that night but I'll do everything in my power to be there -! I'd love to see your stuff.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Being on the East Coast, I can't make your opening. I will, however, be in the area later in the month, and will definitely stop in. The pictures from this series are amazing, and I can't imagine how beautiful they are in life. All the best with your opening.
    ". . . photographing as a two-way act of respect. Respect for the medium and letting it do what it does best- describe. And respect for the subject in describing it as it is. A photograph must be responsible to both."-- Garry Winogrand

"Art is just a Series of Natural Gestures."-- John Marin

My Platinum Printing Blog

My WEBSITE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hello Matt,

I made it by the show tonight. Looked for you but I was there between 715 and just before 8 and asked a few people but they weren't sure where you were. Sorry I missed you as it would have been nice to meet a fellow apugger who does such beautiful work. They really were incredible. What a presence. I had business here and was lucky to have had it fall on the day of your opening. I shoot wet plate collodion and have wanted to try orotones, so maybe this will help motivate.

Once again great work. Sorry we missed meeting.

All my best,

Zebra,

Monty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called Saturday night about 10 minutes to 7 to ask some questions. Got a recording, no one answered. Called again later, got the answering machine with no useful information.

I decided to do something else instead.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    matthew

i wish i lived in la

best of luck with the show!

john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    just wanted to let you know - those of you that are interested in possibly seeing the work - that we are throwing a little party at the space friday november 30, 7 until whenever (probably just before Roscoe's closes for chicken and waffles).

hope to see some of you there... sh!t hit the fan at the studio just before the opening, but hopefully i'll be able to be there early (ok, on time) this time.

_matthew
    "the age of nature is past; it has finally exhausted the patience of all sensitive minds by the loathsome monotony of its landscapes and skies." naturaimmemorial.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Mathew,
    Wish I had known about your exhibit earlier. I don't have time to drive up from SD before it closes, and I am a fan of orotones.
    Jim
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    sorry jim, actually despite what the invites say, they will be up through the new year - owner of the space was too busy to put a new show up in december... so... if you want to come up, let me know and i'll introduce you to my version of the orotone/fauxrotone (size dictating materials/method in this case).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, I would love to see these. Congratulations. They look beautiful!

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin