Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,072   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Darkroom magazine

I am looking for a magazine about black & white photography and darkroom techniques.
    I have bin reading the UK magazine Black & White photography but it is to digital minded for me.

Are there other magazines and where/how do I get them???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And http://www.lenswork.com/ for another.

Apart from the one you mentioned I don't know of another that attempts to cover darkroom work.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Possible US Magazines:

“Photo Techniques” at www.phototechmag.com has both a regularly published magazine and an occasional special. The current special is about "Essential Lighting Techniques". The one before that was Bruce Barnham's darkroom techniques. Bruce is on the Large Format Forum and works as part of the team of: Richard Ritter (camera builder & repair), Bruce, Ted Harris (Contributing Editor for View Camera Magazine).

ViewCamera.com has many articles on darkroom work and materials.

Since these magazines devote only a portion of their monthly output to darkrooms, is it possible that a book on the subject, geared to your present level and above might better seve your need? There have been many threads here and at the LF Forum on books devoted to darkroom work.

John Powers
    Last edited by jp80874; 11-04-2007 at 07:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Avoid at all costs "Darkroom Magazine" you will be sorely disappointed, despite the title...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    04 Nov 2007

Linow:

I will echo John. I have been a subscriber of PhotoTechniques for over 10 years, all of them good. The have slightly downsized the print version of the magazine by posting some material on the web. Lots of good ideas and most of the contributers are very "approachable" people.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    Avoid at all costs "Darkroom Magazine" you will be sorely disappointed, despite the title...
    That title makes about as much sense as calling a word-processing magazine "Calligraphy."

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    re: Dave Miller Do you get these out of a shop or subscribe because ive havnt seen these in WHSmith or Borders etc?
    Last edited by razocaine_07; 11-06-2007 at 10:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: rubbish spelling

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by razocaine_07 View Post
    re: Dave Miller Do you get these out of a shop or subscribe because ive havnt seen these in WHSmith or Borders etc?
    I doubt that you will because they are both by subscription only.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Borders sell Silvershotz. That's where I get it from anyhow.
    Mark Tomlinson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin