Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,222   Online: 924

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have mixed feelings about having essentially an APUG gallery off of APUG. The APUG gallery is meant to be a paid-subscriber privilege and having an APUG group & pool would cheapen that and wouldn't be helping to support the site. Sure not everyone on APUG's Gallery is going to be rushing to post stuff on a flickr group but there's still the point of support to be made.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    On a different, but related, note:

As Flickr users may or may not know, Yahoo -- which owns Flickr -- is likely to be swallowed by Microsoft sooner rather than later. Now I am one of those people who does not care to do business with Microsoft for reasons that are my own, and so once the matter is a fait accompli, I need to look around for alternatives.

What I use Flickr for:
    To share those photographs which I choose to share with anyone who cares to see them.

Why I like Flickr:
    I love the vibrant, lively culture of constructive criticism; nobody's forcing me to look at pictures of people's kittens, but I do appreciate the people who take the time to comment, offer advice and encouragement, and I try to return the favour. As others have said, the groups where us film users hang out are a brilliant meeting place. I'll miss it when I leave.

So what I'm looking for is a viable alternative, as good at building community, as flexible and easy to use, and as unpretentious. I don't plan to use it to sell photographs (If I'm going to sell a photo, it'll be a print I made), so 'shopping cart' features aren't relevant to me.

I'm open to suggestions!

cheers -

d

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is the apug robot: http://www.flickr.com/people/apug/

but I'm not sure if they let me sign into it any more.

All flickr users need to get piclens

http://www.piclens.com/

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin