Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,741   Online: 876

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Amon Carter Museum

David Brown and I had lunch yesterday in a soul food cafe here in Ft Worth and then decided to see this show.

http://www.cartermuseum.org/node/746

Frank Gohlke is a photographer and professor. Pretty much a large format guy. Originally from Wichita Falls, TX. This show had a lot of images in B/W from his home town. I thought it most interesting when he had photographed the aftermath of a Category 5 Tornado and then came back a year later and made the same photo again from the same tripod holes as it were. I really liked how he was able to make landscape photographs that were different from what Ansel and Weston made. These were more like urban landscapes. I liked how he dealt with the elements that the barren landscapes presented him. It might not be everyones cup of tea but they were to me very nice.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also a very good book of Gohlke's work published along with this show: http://www.amazon.com/Accommodating-...8357354&sr=8-1
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reminder Lee, still have not made over there and see there is still time.

Glad to hear your thoughts (as always) - his work is indeed worth of mention.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When it comes up to Andover, MA maybe some of us NE-APUG'ers should make it a point to go and see the show. Thanks for the heads up Lee.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin