Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,632   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NE-APUG at the VPC

I thought I would post a formal announcement of the show and reception. So here goes:

The Valley Photo Center is pleased to announce the exhibition of work of the New England Region of the Analog Photography Users Group (APUG.org). The show runs from January 8 through February 8 with the opening reception on Sunday January 13 from 2:00 - 5:00 pm.

On February 5 the VPC will present a lecture by Bob Carnie of The Silver Shack, Inc. and Elevator Digital in Toronto, Canada. Mr. Carnie is one of Canada’s leading photographic printers and will be talking about and demonstrating the state of professional photographic imaging. He will have with him many examples of the work he produces for many of Canada’s top photographers. Time of the lecture is TBA.

The Valley Photo Center is located on the second floor mezzanine across from the food court in Tower Square, 1500 Main Street, Springfield, MA..
    Regular gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. For more information please call 413-781-1553.

Exhibiting photographers:
    Whitey Morange ; Art Liam ; Ted Harris ; Suzanne Revy ; Liz Bartlett ; Holly Gettings ; John Voss ; Nick Kintgios ; James Grimes ; Cary Kozak ; Barry Dial ; Peter Schrager ; Bethe Abbott ; Bill Harting ; David Matuszek ; Tim Trapp ; Christine Prett (the new Director of the VPC and someone I have been trying to convince she should join APUG) and some goofus named gene LaFord.

Hey folks... there is a lot of really nice work in this show. If you are in the region this Sunday, please stop by and see the photos and meet some really nice people!! I hope to see ya there.

goofus... OPPS! I mean gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to next weekend, Gene, and thanks so much to you, the VPC, and the folks that helped you hang it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gene and Colleagues -

Congratulations on what I am sure is a fine show. I just wish I had been able to get things organized to be able to participate with you.

Louie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gene, you're a hero for planning and implementing this exhibit...and thank you too for the assistance of our colleagues who helped to hang the show. I can hardly wait till the 13th to meet this excellent group of photographers and hang for a while in the presence of what....nearly 70 fine prints!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, thanks for pulling this together!

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP... I just want to keep this alive. I hope that some of you NE-APUG'ers who couldn't participate in the show will be able to stop by on Sunday to see the show and meet your regional colleagues.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I will be there. My neighbor can watch the dogs. Yay! It'll be great to see everyone who's there. And I've been passing the news on to other people in New England who might want to check it out (at least the show if not the party).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gene,

Thanks for making this possible!

Best,

Tim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is great. Good luck guys and gals. Make us proud.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey folks,

Peter Schrager and I plan to do some shooting in the morning around town. The plan is to meet in the mall where the VPC is located at 10am and walk around downtown Springfield. If any of you want to join us please do. Also, we're planning on carpooling from New Haven at 8:30am. There's room for one more so if you're into death defying experiences with one crazy driver in a bimmer and one talkative SOB, send me a PM where to meet.

I've got the advantage of previewing the works and they are gorgeous people. Come out if you have the time, it's "worth the drive to Springfield".

Regards, Art
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin