Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,003   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very exciting, by the way I was born in the city next to Sumner, Puyallup. A long time ago in a far away time. It looked very different just after the big war. Fine work, good luck with the exhibit.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've loved your work since I saw your profile in Silvershotz. You answered my emails very nicely a while back, I'd love to meet you or at least see your work in person! I'll do my best to make it down island, even if a print is still out of the budget due to saving for wet-plate stuff.

- Justin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Justin, I remember. It would be great if you could make it! Too bad Quinn had to stop selling his collodion kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    I've loved your work since I saw your profile in Silvershotz. You answered my emails very nicely a while back, I'd love to meet you or at least see your work in person! I'll do my best to make it down island, even if a print is still out of the budget due to saving for wet-plate stuff.

- Justin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What a small world! Puyallup is still there, although the fair is getting ridiculously large.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Very exciting, by the way I was born in the city next to Sumner, Puyallup. A long time ago in a far away time. It looked very different just after the big war. Fine work, good luck with the exhibit.

Curt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an idea. Any Apuggers that are attending the opening wear a small sticker with your apug name on it so we can say hello to each other. I have invited a fair number of people that I know would like to see this work but have not been exposed to it before.

Good luck on the opening and we'll say hello in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bosaiya, congratulations. How did the opening go? Wish I could see your exhibition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I attended the opening and although I emailed practically everyone I knew there could have been a few more people. Maybe because it was on a Saturday night. I don't know. I personally thought the opening was great! Meeting Bosaiya and his lovely family was such a treat. He was a delight to talk to and very modest. All my friends loved his work and enjoyed talking and meeting him. Both his parents were so gracious and took the time to thank everyone for coming and managed to talk to just about everyone on a individual basis. They are so proud of their son and it shows. I felt very lucky to have been there. I took a couple of snapshots and as soon as they are developed I will post them in this thread. I will do my best to spread the word in my hometown to get as many people to come and see the show. Victoria is lucky to have this show!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Bosaiya, congratulations. How did the opening go? Wish I could see your exhibition.

It went pretty well, thanks for asking. The people there were very nice.

Do you know the contact info for any galleries in Australia? Let me know and I'll send them a package. Who knows, maybe you'll get your chance!

-B

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Kate, thanks so much for enduring the freezing weather! It was very nice meeting you.

Sure, there could have been more people, but I think that what was lacking in quantity was more than made up for in quality. I've had shoulder-to-shoulder openings that were just ghastly. Personally I'd much rather be able to take the time to talk to everyone individually. I'm sure as you noticed people don't normally take one single pass and then leave, they like to look around, talk about a certain aspect, go back to rethink things, talk again; rinse, lather and repeat.

It's taken a while to win my parents over, but thanks to people like you they are much more accepting and proud these days!

Quote Originally Posted by BWKate View Post
    I attended the opening and although I emailed practically everyone I knew there could have been a few more people. Maybe because it was on a Saturday night. I don't know. I personally thought the opening was great! Meeting Bosaiya and his lovely family was such a treat. He was a delight to talk to and very modest. All my friends loved his work and enjoyed talking and meeting him. Both his parents were so gracious and took the time to thank everyone for coming and managed to talk to just about everyone on a individual basis. They are so proud of their son and it shows. I felt very lucky to have been there. I took a couple of snapshots and as soon as they are developed I will post them in this thread. I will do my best to spread the word in my hometown to get as many people to come and see the show. Victoria is lucky to have this show!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are very welcome, Bosaiya! You are right about less people being there made it more enjoyable to really look at the work, digest it, and really appreciate the subtleties. I just didn't look at it that way but thanks for pointing that out. More people doesn't always equal better. I have lots of other friends that missed the opening but will be coming to see the show. The hours there are very flexible too, I think it's open Monday-Thursday until 8:00 p.m. and then Friday until 6:00 p.m.
    Do you have to come back when the show is over to collect what hasn't sold?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin