Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Medium Format

Route 66 Panos on Display; Clyde, Ohio

Hi all,

Hoping this isn't considered in poor taste. If it matters, this is a voluntary effort, a way for me to share with the community, have the floor for a while, sharpen my public speaking skils.

The public library here in Clyde OH (there's only one) hosts a series of travel lectures over the winter, typically on Thursday nights.

February 28th at 7:00 PM, I'll be there speaking on Route 66, the trip my son and I took this past July. I'll discuss 66 history, our trip, show a photo slideshow (well, with computer doing the projecting), and share pointers on researching a 66 trip of your own.

In addition, there will be an exhibit of several (6-7) matted / framed copies of my panoramic photos, taken along Route 66 this past July. The photos are about 2'-3' long, about 6"-8" tall, covering from 120d of rotation up to 360d of rotation. The photo exhibit will be up from about 12-FEB-2008 or so, for about a month. The photos are meant as a teaser for the talk, to drum up interest. Guesstimating that a bit over half the 600 images I shot on that trip were with the swing-lens panoramic cameras, and guesstimating again that I can probably put up about 60-100 high quality photos for the slideshow.

The above 66 info will be relevant to anybody who's planning a 4-wheel or 2-wheel trip down Route 66, or who likes panoramic photography.

So if anybody's local and interested, hope to see you there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hay Doug, I dont know for sure if I have been thru Clyde, OH, but I AM pretty sure that Route 66 doesnt go thru there. You must have a pretty big camera if the photos are 2'-3' long - is it a Hasselblad? Just wondering. Also, good luck with your presentation.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Had several old cameras on the trip, but the two I shot panos with were a 35mm Widelux, and a 1900-something Kodak Panoram #1 that can use 120 film. The Widelux has the better lens, but the Panoram has such big negs (about 2" x 6"), that a 3' enlargement is actually quite a bit better from the 35mm Widelux.

The 360 of the Meteor Crater was done using the Widelux, with (4) 35mm negs that were Photoshopped into one long image. Actually that's quite sharp, because the height of that print is only about 4"-5", so overall it's not a very big enlargement.

Thanks for the good luck!
    Last edited by DougGrosjean; 02-07-2008 at 08:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correct an error, add info on neg size.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin