Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,743   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a biography, but a 3-volume set of "essays" was published by the IS&T (formerly SPSE) about 20 years ago, apparently at the suggestion of John McCann, and with encouragement from Mrs Land. (This is the McCann in one of Struan's citations.) The set of essays seems to be still available.

McCann, who managed Polaroid's Vision Research Laboratory from 1961 to 1996 (as per a bio), is still active in IS&T's Color Imaging Conferences. As are retinex models in various technical papers.

Regarding the essays, here's a blurb from IS&T:

"Edwin H. Land's Essays is an unique compilation of 76 essays presenting for the first time in a singular collection the major "themes of Land's life-long preoccupation with science, invention, education, industry and humanity" (Jerome Wiesner, President Emeritus, Massachusetts Institute of Technology). Included with the articles that appeared in 35 books and journals are 16 heretofore unpublished essays and lectures along with Land's testimony before the Senate Military Affairs Committee at the Joint Hearings on Science Bills in 1945. "

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, I just found that I have put this volume on my wish-list before...

Just forgot about it....

ISBN / ISSN: 0-89208-170-8 590
    2nd ed. 1997
    590 pages
    Last edited by AgX; 02-16-2008 at 01:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin