Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,193   Online: 844

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Angels and Insects in Laredo, TX March-April 2008

I am pleased to announce that selections from my ongoing Angels and Insects collection of large format, lith-printed macro photographs will be shown at the Laredo Center for the Arts in Laredo, Texas during the months of March and April, 2008.

The opening reception is to be held on Friday, March 7th at 6pm and I will be in attendance. I hope you can make it.

For more info: www.laredoartcenter.org

In addition I have just updated the large format section of my site for the first time in far too long. I have pruned back the existing work to a more select few and included new work that had not previously been shown. The website now accurately reflects the type of work I have been exhibiting lately.

Regards,

Bosaiya

the Angels and Insects collection
    www.angelsandinsects.com

(I am cross-posting this into the Texas subgroup as well)
    Last edited by Bosaiya; 02-18-2008 at 02:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with the show. Hope it goes well for you!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You should come down so we can have a reunion! If nothing else it'll be warmer than Victoria!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I actually may be in Laredo that week working and if so I will attend. one note wear a bullet proof vest if you venture into Nuevo Laredo for any reason.

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That'd be great, Lee!

Has it gotten that bad in NL? I've heard rumours both good and bad lately.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    That'd be great, Lee!

Has it gotten that bad in NL? I've heard rumours both good and bad lately.
    I have not heard any thing lately about NL but the last I heard was not good. I would ask several different people for their opinions before I sallied forth to the south over the bridge. 2 years ago was very deadly for law enforcement types in Mx in general and NL in specific. White guys and gals have been kidnapped just for ransom. I don't need to be a part of that.

ps I was a part of a group show about 5 years ago at the Laredo Art Center during the Cinco de Mayo weekend. I belonged to a email group called the Zoners and one of the guys in the group is or was on the TX ARts Commission and knows the head person at the Art Center and got us a show there.

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 02-20-2008 at 12:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm a big fan of border towns, any border will do. I think they are a very interesting breed. Last I heard, and this is from a few thousand miles away, was that the people being kidnapped were somehow related to the drug stuff. But I certainly don't know. Being kidnapped and ransomed might be great for my career, I'll tell them I'm a famous artist and they'll charge even more (who would they charge???), then when they don't get paid... just think of all the free press and publicity I'll get!

It seems like a nice Center, with quite a lot going on. I really look forward to being a part of it.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I thought I responded to this thread again. I will not be in Laredo until Monday the 10th so I will miss the show opening. I am sorry. If you travel into Nuevo Laredo be careful. Good luck with the show.

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry you won't be there! That's how it goes.

I had briefly considered doing some photography over the border, but it just seems to risky.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Center has organized an 11:30am brown-bag lunch at the request of some local folks. If you are in the area come on down and chat!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin