Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,530   Online: 936

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would like to see the darkroom brought back as well as the classic camera feature. I dislike the pop photo table style charts about features/pricing on the latest cameras (which never include film). And what happened to 'Five Things'? I know Ailsa has moved on to farer freelance pastures and I'm not singing 'Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?'. But a lot of fast changes were made that I don't prefer. I picked up my first issue to browse (not buy) in four months. I still miss the B&W Photography I fell in love with.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd like to read more about the photographer's philosophy and the philosophy of photography. Perhaps more focus on avant garde photographers/ experimental contemporary photographers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would like news on new film and paper releases along with paper comparisons. Kentmere Wt against Ilford Wt eg. Interpretations of the same negative using different toners and developers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AS above plus: A slow film 'shootout', because no one else will do it, Adox CMS 20, gigabit, ATP 25, etc. Review of the Microtek F1 scanner. Classic cameras, reader darkrooms.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been a regular reader of BW since November 2006. The only other photographic magazine I subscribe to is LensWork and I think that all in all they complement each other fairly well. However, just like Christopher Walrath (above) I really miss the "5 things I can't live without" feature.

Other articles I'd love to read:
    - Build your own film-dryer
    - 101 ways to eliminate dust on your negatives
    - A Zone System primer (for those of us who until now simply used the built-in center-weighted meter)
    - 25 (as mentioned by kram, above), 100 and 400 iso film shootouts
    - Film & developer combo of the month
    - Reviews of various photographic holidays/workshops/courses

Regards,
    Erik Ehrling (Sweden)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Ehrling View Post
    Other articles I'd love to read:
    - Build your own film-dryer
    Regards,
    Erik Ehrling (Sweden)
    That's been done, quite recently. In fact, due to a printing error, that article actually ran two months in a row.

Les McLean gave a great suggestion for using two coat hangers as the top of a film dryer, with polythene sides and a wooden base. I slightly adapted the idea and am extremely happy with my new film dryer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are alot of things I still like about the magazine, but nothing that I really love I'm sorry to say.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    That's been done, quite recently. In fact, due to a printing error, that article actually ran two months in a row.

Les McLean gave a great suggestion for using two coat hangers as the top of a film dryer, with polythene sides and a wooden base. I slightly adapted the idea and am extremely happy with my new film dryer.
    It was actually that article that made me start thinking further. Maybe my idea is overly complicated, but I'm considering building something like a small size warderobe. You hang in the film strips vertically, after that you close the door and tilt it 45 degrees to avoid water running along the whole length of the film. (If it's a stable enough construction you could possibly add an air filtration system as well...)

Another article I'd like to read:
    - Reportage from visits to film factories over the world

Regards,
    Erik Ehrling (Sweden)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now you've got me thinking about how the water runs off the film. Surely the surface potential (sorry, I'm a physical chemist) is much less for the film running off the ends than off a face of the film. But you could still tilt the film sideways from the vertical so that the water runs off the side edges. This should make the drying much faster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    colour?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin