Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,332   Online: 709

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Black & White Photography UK - WishList

I've read infinite amounts of criticism about this magazine in the long running thread THIS MONTHS UK B&W MAG

I was hoping APUG members could balance it with a new positive thread on what they would like to see included or new suggestions.

Its completely clear, what we do NOT like to see in the current issues, please refrain from re-stating this in this thread.

So folks, what do you want to read about? Give David Corfield a different type of headache

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David will love you for this thread Fintan, however B/W do send out reader questionnaire's from time to time.

The definitive guide to Pt/Pd printing.

Interview with Lee Friedlander, I think David has already got this on his 'hit' list.

More gallery profiles, not just in the UK but from around the world.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    articles on developing style and aesthetic. Tips on presenting portfolios. A users perspective on Portfolio reviews (like Rhubarb Rhubarb) compared with the organiser/ gallery reps who go through the work. Following a photographic project from conception to completion. Conveyance of meaning/ message portrayal though photography. All in depth. All would be helpful and strangely enough, all would be equally accessible to digi and analogue users alike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny you should list all those Leon, I've been writing recently about just those topics. I also attended some of the earlier (actually the first) events run by Rhonda Wilson (of Rhubarb, Rhubarb). I hadn't however thought of submitting them to B&W magazine. Maybe I should re-jig them for the magazine.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The history of Lith printing thread thats runing here would make a fine feature in the mag.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Interviews with, or at least articles about, with depth, photographers. One of the ones that impressed me most was the one with George Tice. How about following up Mike Johnstons drooling over Henry Wessels new book with a larger piece about the man and his work?

Cheers, Lol

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Article about the man and his work - Emile [Gandofi]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Excellent ideas by Leon, just the stuff I'd like to read as well.

It may be too late now, but I would have liked an article on Rodchenko linking up with the exhibition at the Hayward Gallery.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It appears there is a lot of dissatisfaction with the state of the mag, and I'm one of them, but few seem to know what they'd like to see instead.

Cheers, Lol

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I picked up B&W mag for the first time due to the thread, and after 3 issues, it is, IMHO, the best photo magazine out there. With the exception of the rather misplaced DSLR list, I don't want to see anything changed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin