Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 844

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Clearly PV's loss will be someone else's gain. Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Anchell
    I believe Aggie's idea for an APUG Quarterly in print is a good one. I'm encouraged by Les' support of the idea. As Aggie pointed out, I am available. If anyone wants to move forward on this idea I would be glad to contribute articles and/or edit.

It's good to be free to work on my own projects again.
    I was about to write a lengthy tome on the effects of "Drafting Steve Anchell" in the original survey format. It obviously was meant as a lighthearted jest... that did "cloud" the results. It turned out to be prophetic. Aggie has the gift of clairvoyance?

How about *THIS* for an offer! Somewhere in the stars, it must be written.

OK... now add the Draft Steve Anchell votes to the "Let's start right away"...

Count me IN!!! With the quality of photography in the Galleries here, the sheer variety of outlooks and personalities, the tolerance for differences...
    Someone clue me in; how can we miss?

With what I've seen here, all else is PITA trivia!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    28 October 2003

Rick Levy, Senior Editor
    384 S. Cottonwood Street
    P.O. Box 845
    Crestone, CO 81131

Dear Mr. Levy,

In June Steve Anchell wrote an open letter to the members of APUG.org, the Analog Photography Usersí Group, inviting participants to receive a free issue of Photovision and to consider subscribing. He followed this generic offer with a specific plea, stating:

Photovision needs your help. If analog photographers arenít willing to subscribe, who will? Iím asking you to spend $26.95 to walk your talk and support the last printed forum of pure analog, before itís too late.
    I was familiar with the magazine, having purchased it occasionally at the newsstand, so I did not request the free issue, but I was impressed by Anchellís commitment to the maintenance of a digital-free magazine, and I responded with a commitment of my own by purchasing a two-year subscription.

Here we are three issues into my two-year subscription, and the magazine has reneged on its commitment. The November/December includes an article on "the digital lightroom"óa piece on the rudiments of Photoshop well covered in many other publications and online, and Steve Anchell has resigned as editor. Please find, enclosed, these pages removed from my copy of the magazine. They were not part of the bargain.

I request that you please cancel my subscription and refund my payment for the remaining issues.

Sincerely,

David A. Goldfarb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi All,

Please take this discussion offline if you want to continue it. I am locking this thread because the offer by photovision is long over. I've had to remove a few posts as well that were slowly starting to get out of hand. Letting this thread run wild with speculation serves no purpose to the original post. Thanks, and hope you understand.

Sean

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin