Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,571   Online: 942

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb

And if all else fails, you might as well go for the centerfold:

"KIM WESTON REVISITS THE AZOTEA WITH SALMA HAYEK"
    Where can I get a copy of this one ....? :lol:
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Or how about scandal-

Ansel Adams was a Darkroom Manipulator!
    Edward Weston played with his pepper and we have the photos too prove it!

Garry
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

Shooter
    Large Format
    While those may make interesting reading for the supermarket tabloid crowd. I am thankful that Steve Anchell has not resorted to those attempts to market his fine publication.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well guys, Steve is seriously considering going digital. Here is the URL for his editorial comment. Drop him a line and tell him what you think.

http://www.photovisionmagazine.com/c...3n6editor.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    BTW I had considered subscribing for 1 year, but I think I am going to go for 2....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Well guys, Steve is seriously considering going digital. Here is the URL for his editorial comment. Drop him a line and tell him what you think.

http://www.photovisionmagazine.com/c...3n6editor.html
    Jorge,
    I read your post with a great deal of concern and dismay. Upon reading the editorial comment, I contacted Steve and indicated my feelings about the need for a publication in which the needs, processes, and sharing of knowledge in conventional photography were addressed. At least that is what my thoughts were until I received his reply.

It seems that based upon his post in which he indicated his need for subscriptions, offering a free trial copy of his fine publication to participants of this forum, that he felt very discouraged when only 20 people from this site contacted his office requesting a free copy.

C'mon folks...if the participants of this site (APUG), don't support the only remaining solely conventional photography publication, then we have no one to blame but ourselves when our method of artistic expression becomes so fragmented that we no longer have the materials and equipment to practice our art. If this support, that I am suggesting, were a one sided affair, I would not even begin to suggest it to you. We are both too intelligent for that. This is not a one sided affair. The benefits that a reader gains are "far and away" greater then the financial cost involved.

Remember Kodak Super XX??? Is there a film today that has replaced it??? Do you realize the threat that exists to the continuance of Azo??? Is there a substitute for Azo??? For those of us who have practiced this art for any considerable length of time, the list of discontinued products can be increased to even greater numbers. To believe that another company or companies will pick up the banner, when existing suppliers drop it, is ludicrous. It hasn't happened before. It is unlikely that it will happen now. Recently Ilford publicly stated that the could not "hand on heart" state that they were going to develop another black and white emulsion. This is a time when those of us who have the courage of our convictions must step up and be counted.

If, in the future, you want to produce black and white photographs made with chromogenic film, processed in your local one hour lab's C41 processor, and then printed on the latest variety of plastic, we are rapidly getting to that point. This is a time when all facets of the film based photography community must join in a cohesive manner to attempt to maintain our supplies, our equipment, and our fellowship. There is no better place to begin then to spend the 7 cents a day that a subscription to PhotoVision costs.

I will personally offer this as a guarantee of satisfaction for the next 12 subscribers to PhotoVision, from this forum, for a one year period. If at the end of six months (three issues) you feel that your money has not been well spent, that you have not received that measure of enrichment, motivation, and enlightenment then all you need do is contact me and tell me of your feelings, and I will personally mail you my check to cover your subscription cost. I will accept you as being honest in your endeavors.

I have no personal financial interest in this publication. I do have the Courage of my Convictions. Do you?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Having come late to the original posting, I figured the limit had aready been exceeded. That's why I didn't send in my request. That why, I think, a lot of us didn't send in a request. However, do to your posting, I have sent in my request.
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently subscribed, and the most recent issue is excellent. I especially was fascinated by the article discussing the use Green Tea instead of Pyrogallol in a developer equal to PMK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was one of the 20, I guess. I'll be subscribing, too. We certainly need to support those who support our craft.

I live in a city large enough to have an NFL (professional) football team - but only one photo store other than the mall stores. I dropped by today to buy a bottle of Rodinal. They don't carry it anymore. They don't carry Kodak paper anymore, and only a few boxes of Ilford. They have lots of Epson, though. I ordered the Rodinal from Calumet. I'll be ordering film from J&C. Thank goodness for these folks.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, he should be disappointed if only 20 members asked for a free issue. Here is his offer exactly as quoted:

"The first 100 members of APUG to write Deana Fisher, pvadvert@ctelco.net, will receive a free sample issue. Let her know that you heard about Photovision through APUG."

Now c`mon people, Steve has been very gracious and he is doing a great job with the magazine, if you don't believe me, get your FREE issue and see for yourself!

Besides what Don mentioned even Ilford which has been a greater supporter of B&W materials than Kodak is displacing their lines in favor of digital. The Gallery B&W paper, which was their best fiber paper, has changed name and now the name "gallery" applies to an ink jet paper....do you all want to see this happen for all the products you like?

I promise you, if you are indifferent to the materials you like they will disappear sooner or later. If Photovision disappears what is the message to manufacturers? Simply that there is not enough interest and that they are correct in thinking that digital is the correct choice for them.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin