Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,282   Online: 846

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Miroslav Tichı - Frankfurt MMK

There's a fascinating exhibition at the Museum Für Moderne Kunst (MMK) in Frankfurt am Main until August 3rd. Miroslav Tichı is a Czech who's been obsessively photographing women in his home town for thirty years or so. He looks like a slightly scary tramp and until recently would apparently chase away visitors to his home with an axe...

His photos are technically dreadful (you have to see it to believe how poor his craftmanship is - he makes holgaroids look like perfectionists!), his prints are dirty and mangled, his enlarger looks like it was made of bits of old wood and tin held together by wire and nails, but...

I found there was something fascinating about his work, and also something a bit disturbing. It's an exhibition that's well worth a visit, especially if you want to see something you'll probably never see again...

Here's a link to the MMK exhbition pages.

Has anyone else seen this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just returned from Frankfurt and also seen the exhibition. His work is simply wonderful, I haven't seen anything so human for a long time. I recommended to everyone. Some more information can be also found here: www.tichyocean.ch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link palec. A photo of his enlarger is on this page: http://www.tichyocean.ch/Documentations/The_Artist (also some of his homemade cameras).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin