Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,208   Posts: 1,659,331   Online: 1018

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My first exhibition

Are we allowed to tell other members about our own exhibitions? Some of my prints are going on public display for the first time, and I'm really thrilled about it. Ok, so its only for the month of May in a cafe in Minehead, but its a start!
    They will be hand-printed black & white images, mainly austere, urban, minimalist, with a few quirks thrown in, taken in various locations in UK and Europe. So if you're within telephoto distance of Minehead in Somerset, pop into CREAM cafe on the main street. Apart from the art print shops catering for tourists, its the only wall space in the area where amateurs can display their work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Of course you should tell everyone. Congratulations, and enjoy the experience.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes. Congratulations and have fun.

Jerry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This is one of the hardest things for people to do. Most feel that their work isn't good enough and are not willing to put themselves out there. I'm very happy you have taken the first step and here's to all the luck in the world with your show.

It would be great if you would take some pictures of your show and post them as well.

Congratulations!
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Congrats!

Will they be along the same lines as the last two images you posted in your APUG gallery? Nice images!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations. It is a great feeling. You deserve to be proud. Drag your friends and family there kicking and screaming so they know what you are all about.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations. Good luck on the show. It didn't happen on its own; you made it happen. Make sure potential customers know how to get in touch with you.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congratulations, and good luck! -Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey thanks for the encouragement guys! Yes, they will be along the lines of my last 2 images, in fact one of those will be up there, plus a few others I've posted previously, and some newer ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck! It seems that exposure to the public always leads to something else as well. Hopefully it does for you as well.

vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Check out my low volume sheet film tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin