Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,439   Online: 1074

Shooter
    Medium Format

m97 gallery shanghai + Michael Wolf

I got a message from my friend, who happens to be the owner of m97 (http://www.m97gallery.com/), advertising an exhibition of photography from a chinese photographer Liang Weizhou. I went to see the exhibition this weekend, and I have to say that although his art is interesting, much of it is not my style.

However, while I was there I happened to see some prints from Michael Wolf's "The Architecture of Density" - http://www.photomichaelwolf.com/hongkongarchitecture/. The small pictures on his website just do not do these prints justice! I cannot describe how incredible these images are. They are first of all enormous -- all more than 1M. From the long view all you see are patterns. Industrial patterns of paint, pipes, air conditioning units and so on. As you move closer you realize that they are incredibly sharp, and seem to draw you into the picture. The harder you look, the more details & humanity you see. Laundry, plants, lights, etc. Absolutely amazing! If you get a chance to see these images definitely do not miss it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that, I'll be in Shanghai soon and will try to hit that area.
    ..and Welcome to APUG
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! Definitely check out the Moganshan Road area! It is very cool. If you need any hints on Shanghai drop me a message

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    ...while I was there I happened to see some prints from Michael Wolf's "The Architecture of Density" - http://www.photomichaelwolf.com/hongkongarchitecture/. The small pictures on his website just do not do these prints justice! I cannot describe how incredible these images are. They are first of all enormous -- all more than 1M. From the long view all you see are patterns. Industrial patterns of paint, pipes, air conditioning units and so on. As you move closer you realize that they are incredibly sharp, and seem to draw you into the picture. The harder you look, the more details & humanity you see. Laundry, plants, lights, etc. Absolutely amazing! If you get a chance to see these images definitely do not miss it!
    dfoo,

Again, I cannot agree with you more. I've seen two shows by Michael Wolf at the Robert Koch gallery in San Francisco.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did make it to this gallery, and liked his work, along with most the other stuff there.

The owner said most the images they present are shot with film, and a high percentage of those prinited digitally.

Nice area to wander into.
    Thanks for posting this.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin