Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,137   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dan Smith B&W show in North Dakota

The Taube Museum of Art has a B&W show opening next week. The museum is located at 2N. Main St, Minot, North Dakota

The website address is http://www.taubemuseum.org/

All are invited to the opening. This show is traditional photography, no pixelography.

May 6 - June 6
    Main Gallery: A Singular View: Dan Smith Photographs: Black & White, Platinum/Palladium.

Opening Reception: May 8th 5:30 – 7:30 Artist Lecture: 6:00 pm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cool. That's not far away. Is this your show?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    Cool. That's not far away. Is this your show?
    I do believe that it is.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In delivering the images to the gallery I took a look at what I have to show. Two of them are 2 1/4 square photos taken 30 years apart. All the rest are 4x5, 5x7, 4x10 and 8x10, mainly contact prints. All are film prints, no pixelography in this one. (Yes, I shoot digitography for newspapers, sports and wildlife... way too much of it these days)

For those who have seen the many photos of 'The Big Wheel' from the Baron Woolen Mill in Brigham City Utah, this is a chance to see the original I used for publicity in setting up photo workshops there. It is the only one you will see with the woolen lint on the wheel. This was from the last run of wool run on the machine before the mill was closed. All other photos of the wheel are after it was cleaned off by the owners.

A number of images from the winter I spent in Silver City are in this show. Both silver and Pt/Pd prints. Finally getting a start on laying out these for a book and finally starting to show more than just a few as I get a handle on the project.

If you can make it to Minot I think you will enjoy the images. If you have not been there before it is a town of 35,000 and the home of Minot Air Force Base. The Gallery is downtown. There are a few art galleries in the downtown area. The normal fast food places are on the main drive through town. The China Star Restaurant is pretty good with and all you can eat style of 25-30 offerings, mongolian BBQ and sushi bar.

If you come, take a look and PM me with comments. I would appreciate the feedback. North Dakota is a wonderful location for photography. (cold in the winter... colder than a Mother in laws heart) The light is beautiful and the people friendly. Sure glad we moved back here. If you are there for the opening be sure to say hi. If not, feel free to get in touch with me if you are coming through.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I get to Minot every year or so (I'm in Regina). Minot is small to me (Regina is the "big city" [210,000] in the area; you have to get to Fargo if you stay stateside before you get to anything the size of Regina) but it feels bigger than it is. There is so little in the area city-wise that Minot has to have the amenities by default, and that makes it a deceptive place. I can't think of any other nearby city of its size that has the variety of things it has.

The people do seem friendly. I've always liked North Dakotans a lot. I feel sincerely welcome when I come.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to your show (in two weeks we're off to Vancouver; I have to attend a conference) but I'd enjoy meeting you the next time I get there.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin