Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,239   Online: 1083

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    kuad,

I am not aware of another magazine like Aperture. If you like Aperture, but want more, go on eBay or Craig's list and buy up back issues. Usually a better buy is a lot of multiple copies sold as a group rather than individual copies. I have bought 70 that way. When you get duplicates offer them here.

Other photography magazines that I read, but are not like Aperture, are: B&W (US), Focus, Black and White Photography (UK), View Camera and Silvershotz. I also bought up back issues of View Camera.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    ... buy up back issues....
    A simple visit to the library should suffice

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke View Post
    A simple visit to the library should suffice
    For some perhaps. I enjoy going back to them now and then as my general knowledge expands and I see connections to other ideas. The library is thirty miles away. The shelf is in the next room.

John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    libraries usually dont have aperture. do they?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blind Spot and Prefix would be your best bets.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm RF
    interesting....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Libraries usually DO have Aperture, though your neighborhood branch may need to request it from the library down town.

My local library is connected via computer to libraries all over the state, they'll happily bring anything I like to the front desk for free. And the downtown library (20 minutes away) has APERTURE going back to the first year of issue, along with US Camera, reprint copies of CAMERA WORK, the whole deal. They even have copies of FLAIR. Stuff you would spend a fortune and years of EBay prowling to find.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    35mm
    I subscribe to Blind Spot as well as Aperture. I like my perceptions to be challenged generally, but I'm still not sure I "get" a lot of what Blind Spot publishes. However, I'm now starting to appreciate photographic series as opposed to just stand-alone images - a lot of the work they publish does make a little more sense to me when viewed together as a collective body of work.

YMMV, I guess.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin