Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,082   Online: 993

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many first editions and how many signed by the author?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    About 50, if you exclude coffee-table books of pretty pictures but are not by/about a photographer. If you include coffee-table books, it about doubles. I also have 17 issues of this magazine that is so exquisite it should be considered a book - Photographers International. It was a joint publication sponsored by the French and Taiwanese governments. Each issue had about 150 pages, and was as nicely printed as the best photo books, on heavy-weight paper, with only 6-8 pages of ads per issue. I think it is out of print now - if you ever find any copies in secondhand bookstores, I highly recommend picking it up.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    About seventy five. It's time to start thinning the herd out, because I just don't take the time to pour over them as I used to. It's not fair to have them and not use them.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    two

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    100-120 on my main bookshelf with perhaps another 30 or 40 scattered around elsewhere. Then there are the books on painting, drawing and sculpture which while they're strictly not "photo books", they're "inspiration for photos" books. Other than a few vital references (AA's series and the like) I have very few technique books because these are mainly dull and uninspiring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just counted and there are somewhere around 70. Lots of stuff I keep going back to like Weston and Atget and Don Hong-Oai and Kenro Izu.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 05-18-2008 at 12:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have about 50 books, another 25 on the history and another 10 on thoughts of photography and the creative idea.
    From what I see I need to catch up with some of you all!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Around 110 to 120. Kenna, Eggleston, J. Sexton, Plowden, Kertész, A. Adams, Newhall, Rogovin (a favorite among favorites), Stieglitz, Shapiro, Maeda, Richard W. Brown, Blacklock (Les, Craig & Nadine), E. Porter, Clyde Butcher (autographed), Brandenburg, Yousef Khanfar and others. Then there are the books from personal friends, Ted Nelson, Howard Bond and Bruce Montagne. My favorite books are from my late-uncle, Fred Hazelhoff. He was a nature photographer from The Netherlands. He wrote me encouraging letters regarding photography and I keep them in the books.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Akemann; 05-18-2008 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Large Format
    Around 60. Most are by the West Coast School of Photographers - Adams, the Westons, Sexton, Barnbaum, etc.. I keep reviewing them for both inspiration & humility.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just counted 51: Robert Adams, Tarkovsky, HC Bresson, Callahan, Walker Evans, Atget(4), Kertesz(7), Szarkowski, Wenders, Citret, Kenna, DeCarava, Plossu(21), and a few greek photographers.
    Favorite: Bernard Plossu's "L'Europe du sud contemporaine"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin