Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 863

Shooter
    Multi Format

"The Art of Bill Henson" doco at 22:00 (27-5-08) on ABC1

AUSTRALIA/SYDNEY
    For Australian TV viewers you have the chance to watch this documentary which, regardless if you have or have not seen a Bill Henson exhibition, will give you further insight into his work. Relevant timing considering the controversy regarding Henson's most recent exhibition at the Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery, Sydney.

"The Art of Bill Henson"
    Tuesday 27th May, 2008
    ABC1 TV at 22:00 in the usual "Artists at Work" timeslot

...from the ABC program sales website;
    http://www.abc.net.au/programsales/s1122839.htm

"The Art of Bill Henson
    Year of Production: 2003
    Duration: 25 mins

This is the first time that Bill Henson has allowed TV cameras into his life and this short documentary offers audiences in Australia and overseas rare access to one of Australia’s most important artists.

We see Henson as a creature of the night. There is not a lot of light in his life, he photographs by night and spends most of the day in his darkroom meticulously labouring over his prints, studying them reworking minute sections for the right balance of colour and light, venturing out occasionally for a bite to eat.

Director: Tony Wyzenbeek"

NB: As of 13:30(SYD) the ABC1 webpage has not yet been updated to show this change in programming.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe they have pulled it because of the recent controversy?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks,
    I'm in the states but wish I could see it. Do you have any info on where I can see another Doc about him called "Luminous" produced and directed by Louise Turley in 2006? I'm an old friend of Louise's and would very much like to see her take on Henson's work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Maybe they have pulled it because of the recent controversy?
    NO. It has NOT been pulled. The documentary,"The Art of Bill Henson," is replacing a previously programmed episode in the usual 22:00 timeslot as already stated above. The ABC website has simply not been updated to show this change.

The change in programming, and the showing of this documentary at short notice, is a direct result of the controversy of Henson's latest exhibition at the Rosyln Oxley9 Gallery, Sydney.
    Last edited by Akalai; 05-27-2008 at 12:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty71 View Post
    Do you have any info on where I can see another Doc about him called "Luminous" produced and directed by Louise Turley in 2006?
    ABC TV's "Sunday Arts" at 17:00(AEST) on June 1st, 2008 is showing a documentary by Louise Turley of the musical collaboration inspired by the work of Bill Henson.

This can be downloaded from this ABC website as a vodcast after it has aired;
    http://www.abc.net.au/tv/geo/sundayarts/

smp

Shooter
    35mm

Worth a thousand words...

A great doco on Bill Henson's work, shot a the Venice Arts Biennale where he was Australia representative (strange how things change!).

See webpage at:

home.wxc.com.au/smp/dreams.html

See video trailer at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEi9ESRB8o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks I watched it last night. Also caught most of Foreign Correspondent's story beforehand on Stephen Dupont's brush with a suicide bomber in Afghanistan. Nice to see him at one point doing the film rewind on (I think) his XPan.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin