Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,838   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I think I'm getting it. So the zone plate image is not a part of what we are seeing. Right?

I enjoy the idea of the non-planar walls. It would be fun to paint the projection on the wall, and then you'd have an anamorphic image that could only be viewed coherently from the point where the lens was originally. (This is me musing. What you've done is great in itself). Are you familiar with the work of Gillian Brown? She projects images on irregular surfaces and paints them. Here's a link: http://www.gillianbrown.com/JillClassroom.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool. Here is an image from the CO that I set up with another phototog each year on the RI School of Design campus.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/egould/1551734963/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RISD CO

Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Very cool. Here is an image from the CO that I set up with another phototog each year on the RI School of Design campus.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/egould/1551734963/
    That's really great. Does it have a strap on it so you can wear it around your neck? (A friend of mine was a jeweler. I asked him once what the biggest piece he ever made was. Answer: he set the Golden Gate Bridge in a ring. Cheated, though, used epoxy).

I love the circus side show look it has. Good job, Eric. I'd love to see it. What time of year, in case I ever get back there when it's up.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, it is the effort of a number of folks. No neck strap, but we did try a pistol grip once with limited success. We have a lot of fun with it. I would recommend to anyone who was ever curious about these things to find a room somewhere and try one out, there is something magical about it. It really connects you to the roots of our medium. And for those who might find themselves in Providence, we set this up for RISD over the Columbus Day weekend each year. Always in a new spot, always free and open to the public.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Thanks, it is the effort of a number of folks. No neck strap, but we did try a pistol grip once with limited success. We have a lot of fun with it. I would recommend to anyone who was ever curious about these things to find a room somewhere and try one out, there is something magical about it. It really connects you to the roots of our medium. And for those who might find themselves in Providence, we set this up for RISD over the Columbus Day weekend each year. Always in a new spot, always free and open to the public.
    Not as big a production as yours, which is over the top, but I've done two of these things. One was at another college where the room was really not appropriate at all, but it was great nonetheless. A whole lot of faculty showed up, and there was a guy in the class who ran outside and stood on his head. So he was the only thing that was right-side-up.

I'm due to pay a visit to RISD anyway. I've got colleagues who came from there. Generally seem like a fun loving bunch. Or did I just get lucky?

L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin