Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,282   Posts: 1,534,900   Online: 816

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone ever go to the Pasadena Camera Show?

Hi...

Has anyone ever gone to the monthly Pasadena Camera Show at the Elks Lodge on Colorado Blvd?

How big is it and is it worth going to?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't been to that one, but I did go to the one they put on in San Diego. The guy told me that the Pasadena show is much bigger. The San Diego show probably had about 25 sellers. There was a ton of 35 gear, a pretty decent amount of medium format, and very little if any LF. There was one seller that had an excellent selection of Leica, Hasselblad and Pentax 67's. There were no tremendous bargains, but it was a fun show to go to.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    If you want to go to a better show, go to the one in Carson, CA. It is usually each third Sunday.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    If you want to go to a better show, go to the one in Carson, CA. It is usually each third Sunday.
    I agree that the one in Carson is MUCH better and a lot bigger than the one in Pasadena. The last time I went to the one in Pasadena, the main room at the Lodge did not smell very nice :o

Kman is right - don't expect huge bargains at any of these shows, but some dealers are at least willing to bargain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went once a couple years back. It was okay. Mostly old 35mm slr gear and the rest was overpriced used stuff.
    vinny
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    the details on the Carson show are at www.cameraexpo.com, if I recall correctly. I recall Blaze-on and i were both eye-balling a beautiful Deardorff one weekend that was underpriced...shoulda' bought it. Sigh...it was gone the next show.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin