Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,195   Online: 750

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

New Figure magazine?

Has anyone seen or looked at this magazine, "Carrie Leigh's Nude"? Its in its fourth issue. This is the first time I seen it. I went to the website and it's a strictly black and white magazine from what I can see. It's issues have Leonard Nimoy and Lucien Clergue photography and this issue and the last one has interviews with Kim Weston.
    The price is $9.95 but before I plunk down the money I wanted to see if anyone else had bought it or seen it. It's packaged in plastic so I can't bourse before buying.
    Give me your thoughts, Please. It reminds me of another magazine long ago published and edited by photographer Jeff Dunas. That magazine introduced me to Brett Weston's underwater images.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Carrie Leigh's Nudes is a beautifully printed magazine of extremely well done B&W nudes. Carrie, by the way, has a beautiful body herself!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I know I'm going to sound really old and live in a cave but who is Carrie Leigh anyway?
    Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm
    You can take my opinion with a little bias...
    1) I am an artist who's work has appeared in Carrie Leigh's NUDE.
    2) I have known Carrie and Her husband for a few years.
    3) Though I do not "work" for them, I recently rebuilt their website.
    4) I have my own blog for my work where I do a lot of praising of the magazine...

That said... If you can still at this point trust my artistic opinion...

Carrie Leigh's NUDE is a really beautifully put together magazine. It is a portable art show displaying the work of some really amazing photographers from around the world. It is not packed full of advertisements and filler article. The quality is art book printing, not magazine printing. The cover is not just a glossy paper stock like most magazines, it is a softcover book stock. And on a side note, just from personal experience trying to dismantle and issue so I could scan something for the website, the binding glue is strong.

My father is a comic book artist and publisher (Neal Adams). I showed him the first issue, his first response was "How much is this costing them?"

It is a really beautiful product from the work inside to the magazine itself. I have said often in my blogs that in my opinion, it is not a magazine, but a quarterly coffee table book. I am proud to have my work appear in it. I have not yet heard a complaint about it... (other than "They are all sold out!").

Have a preview: http://www.carrieleigh.com/Nissues.html

Joel Adams (<--Still uses an ancient Pentax K1000)

PS Jim... You are absolutely right... On both counts.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    I know I'm going to sound really old and live in a cave but who is Carrie Leigh anyway?
    I must be from a deeper darker cave.. I didnt know who Kim Weston, or Lucien Clergue was before NUDE.. Then I am a traditional artist who dabbles in photography.

Joel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    See. Now I know Neal Adams! Grew up with his artwork. Got a kick watching "Birds of pray" superhero series on WB. The girls were fighting the badguys on "Adams Blvd and Kirby Lane" I about fell out of my seat with that.
    Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm
    He he... I noticed that too.. To bad that show was cancelled.. It sucked.. bit I loved it.

Joel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in back issues of the magazine. The one with Nimoy and Clergue. I like Luciens work never seen Nimoys except in one book. Wonder where I can get those?
    Aristotle

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One of Nimoy's models used to post on APUG
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    One of Nimoy's models used to post on APUG
    ...did she post nude?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin