Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,726   Posts: 1,515,061   Online: 1102

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice Tim, clean and simple - a trend I hope to see in more sites.

Thanks for sharing your (and the work is all I expected it to be)
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tim, the site and your work are excellent. I noticed that when you enter slideshow mode, the slideshow only presents the photos on the particular page you are on (e.g. if you are on page 1 of black and white toned photos, the slideshow ends with the last photo on that particular page). Users might find it easier to use the slideshow if it were to continue through all of the photos in the category, without having to back out and move to the next page within the category. I went through the slideshow for page 1 and assumed when it stopped that I had seen all of the black and white toned photos, until I noticed that there are 67 in that series and I hadn't seen that many. Just a minor comment. Hope it's helpful.

Leo
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    35mm
    Tim Site seems very straightforward to navigate. I tried your hints on monitor calibration but ended up with highlights from about 90% being indistinguishable from each other while the shadows end remained much the same. With my previous settings I can distinguish all except 0 and 2% and this is as close as I can get.

So unless my monitor calibration is unusual or I am doing something wrong then the hints only made things worse. Nobody else has commented on this so maybe I am in a minority of one but if others found your monitor calibration hints not to have improved things then it may be worth adding a few caveats to the hints.

It could simply be my eyes as well. I have tried Ralph Lambrecht's step wedge and his instructions on his site and found that once again the 0 and 2% were very difficult to distinguish. Like yours there were no problems with highlights

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you everyone so far for your helpful comments. I do appreciate it.

Ann,
    yes we had lots of discussions about print presentation. I'm still a bit in 2 minds about it, but my prints are intended primarily to be matted and hung so it seems appropriate. I gather it is easy to change design globally with new website design technology (not that I would know!), so we'll wait and see.

blaze-on, gordrob, Bob F,
    thanks for that. I will pass it on. Hopefully it can be fixed.

merg, Bob F,
    Re prices: I had hoped to include a shopping facility but things got delayed and I went for this as an interim measure. I'm so busy right now it's hard to get everything done. I will pay attention to that soon. I'm sure you are right.

The dreadpiraterobins (and I can't begin to guess where that name came from )
    I hadn't thought of that, thank you. I wanted to indicate that there was more to come, - but how much I'll be able to do before N Year I don't know, as I will be away a lot in the US. A good point. I'll have to think of a way of re-phrasing it.

36cm2
    Yes, I raised the same point with the person who is writing the code and I agree with you. We are trying to find a work-around.

Thanks a lot to all so far. What a great resource APUG is!
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It is looking good, Tim. The images look good in the frames.
    I love the Iceland images!

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wonderful work and the website was easy to use. And I'm a novice.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim, a beautiful website with stunning photo's. The "Volcano at Grundarfjordur" is one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen... wish I had the money to buy it, which I unfortunately don't at the moment. Invested a bit to much to keep my own work going.

Just one remark: I am a big fan of automatic slideshows as an optional feature. Personally, I don't like the need to click through each and every photo to see them all. An optional automatic slideshow feature would be welcome.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No one else has mentioned this Tim so I'm assuming its either my monitor or my eyesight but the small font looks a bit...how can I describe it ...
    'fractured' or broken up ??
    Everything else seems to work fine and I'm really crap with computers !

Beautiful work and some great images. Enjoyed very much.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Tim, I love the look and feel of your site. Your gallery is superb.

In terms of sales I would think you should have more info instead of contact me for price. I know you may not have standard pricing but you could say from £x to £y. Maybe a little more blurb.

I'm on an apple mac with opera and I think some of the text flows too close to the images, eg on your about page. I'm not sure if that looks ok on your computer.

I think the layout of the home page could be reworked a little, the white border of the image is not consistant with the white border on the other images. Paragraph breaks and margins could be a little more consistant too.

I hope that doesnt sound too picky.

Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having to move the mouse to get the "next" or "prev" buttons to show up in the galleries is a little annoying. Not terrible, but annoying to me.

And I have to agree. "Volcano at Grundarfjordur"? Wow. "Ruin" was a close second

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin