Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,010   Online: 1050

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I really enjoyed perusing your site, easy to navigate. Simple straight foreward.

Imagery is suburb, especially like the West Pier series.

Congrats!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Everything on this very attractive web site worked well with Windows XP 97. As far as suggestions go, it would be helpful to know what is the site's purpose.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As Bill Spears noted, I found that the font looks small and "broken up". It looks like it is italicised, but each letter is "broken" about half way up its length. It is still readable, but uncomfortable to read. My eyesight is not that bad. I'm using Internet Explorer on a PC. Apart from the font, everything looks neat and well set out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the look, and the speed. It seems to work fine on my Mac with Safari.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    snip. As far as suggestions go, it would be helpful to know what is the site's purpose.
    I wonder if you could expand on this a bit for me Claire?

I see it as follows:

The main purpose is to access to some of my work. I get requests about it for a variety of reasons and not being very net savvy have put off addressing this for far too long. It will take me some time to build up the galleries section as I have been shooting and printing for a long time. (I also have to decide what to include/exclude and how to classify work, which is a bit of a headache!)

Also, I receive requests about available workshops and should have online information in place for reference. As I don't make a living from them there is no regular programme format here - it varies according to what requests I get and what I can accommodate. Actually I do them because I like to help keep these processes alive. And they are fun.

In due course I plan to include some writing, news, product info, occasional newsletters, articles on printing techniques which I hope might be interesting and useful to people.

It will also be a shop window for my work.

Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 08-28-2008 at 06:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 36cm2 View Post
    Tim, the site and your work are excellent. I noticed that when you enter slideshow mode, the slideshow only presents the photos on the particular page you are on (e.g. if you are on page 1 of black and white toned photos, the slideshow ends with the last photo on that particular page). Users might find it easier to use the slideshow if it were to continue through all of the photos in the category, without having to back out and move to the next page within the category. I went through the slideshow for page 1 and assumed when it stopped that I had seen all of the black and white toned photos, until I noticed that there are 67 in that series and I hadn't seen that many. Just a minor comment. Hope it's helpful.

Leo
    I know. I felt the same. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    Looks good Tim...easy to read and follow. The images look very nice as presented and all seems to work on my firefox browser on a Mac except this one page (attached)
    I hope this might now be fixed?
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    It's always difficult to distingush problems that are common to the site i.e. everyone has the same experience and comments on it and problems that are either peculiar to the individual (eyesight) or peculiar to the monitor set-up or browser. However on IE7 and with my monitor, the print typeface looks fine and, as BobF said, no problems with the text running into the print on the Home or About Tim pages or from what I can see, any other pages.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    Tim
    Yep: the text no longer bumps into the image in Firefox (I see the vspace and hspace tags are gone ).

Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    Tim
    Is OK now in Opera.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin