Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,297   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Feedback requested on my new website

Hi everyone
    I would very much welcome your feedback on my new website please.
    It is not finished yet and I have a number of ideas for additional content (suggestions are welcome for that too), but there is enough there to launch.

I would particularly like to know if it works well on all systems and I would also be interested to hear views and suggestions on the content, as this is new territory for me.

The URL is http://www.timrudman.com

Many thanks
    Tim

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Tim,

i found it easy to use, i am on xp and internet exporer.

i am not a fan of putting the photos in those frames, altho, i think i understand why you may be showing your images in that fashion. this is my personal 2cents.

am happy to see your work up on the internet and hopefully making it easier for folks who collect to purchase prints. i have marked this site to show to my students.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good Tim...easy to read and follow. The images look very nice as presented and all seems to work on my firefox browser on a Mac except this one page (attached)
    Last edited by blaze-on; 12-15-2008 at 03:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really like it.
    Simple and straightforward design with no flash bullshit, which is clear, fast and easy to navigate.
    The colors and design is very much "Tim Rudman", that is remind me of your books.
    Great job.

Btw, tested with Firefox 3.01 on Ubuntu Linux 8.04.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    Tim, beautiful work! Congratulations.

Perhaps for pricing you could put a range, without being specific as to size and process.

Thanks for the opportunity to view your work.

www.mergross.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Tim - I use XP and Firefox and the site loads with no problems. Only comment is probably the same as blaze-on in regards to the text running into the frame on the home and bio pages. It makes it look like the pictures are on top of the text until you read the content. Very well done site and the images in the gallery are outstanding.
    Gord

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Works fine in Opera v9.26 on XP. Though as above, the text on the home and bio pages runs up to the frame.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Tim,

I like it. Great photos. My only criticism is that if I were you I would take off the bit about being "under construction." All dynamic sites are under construction and always subject to upgrade and change. I wouldn't point that out. The only reason I went beyond the opening page is that you had posted here that you had some work posted. If I had just happened upon your page through a google search and seen that I might have though, oh hey, he's not ready yet so I will just back click and find another page.

Love the Iceland photos!

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great, easy to navigate and love the pictures. Thanks for the monitor brightness test function, it helped tweak mine.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Firefox 3 on Vista: same problem with text running into image as above - looks fine in IE7 (I suspect the vspace and hspace commands in the IMG tag are being overridden by css - css is notoriously browser sensitive). Other than that, no problems at all.

You might consider putting at least an indication of price for sales: many people will assume they are too expensive for their budget when they may not be and will not ask.

Personal opinion: I like the way the galleries are done and the images look crisp and beautiful.

The overall look is very simple and elegant: I like it a lot.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin