Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,651   Online: 985

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pre-order completed! Got to use some of my Amazon.com gift certificates left over from Xmas!
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you Mr. Anchell, I will consider buying it even though never got to use the second edition I have. If I continue with film, it is my safety net for when I will not be able to buy bottled chemicals locally.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent, sounds like an interesting read indeed. Apparently Christmas comes in September this year.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've pre-ordered.

It's great to see a book like this coming out right now. Just a couple of days ago I was picking up some supplies from the ever shrinking darkroom section at B&H and the staff seemed a bit morose and apologetic that fewer and fewer items were on the shelves. A new book is good news.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

I would like to point out to everyone that how well the Cookbook sells will be a prime indicator of interest in the darkroom. If it does well it will send a message to publishers, magazine editors, and equipment manufacturers that there is still a market for silver.

Publishing companies closely follow established indicators. One is how well a book does in pre-sales. A second is how well in does in the first two weeks. I urge you to do whatever you can to encourage your associates and APUG members to purchase a copy so that we are heard load and clear.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your local indie bookseller can pre-order it too, by the way. Just give them the title, publisher (focal press), and the author, the ISBN helps too (978-0-240-81055-3).
    Last edited by bdial; 08-29-2008 at 08:19 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Thank you for that. I am a big proponent of supporting local businesses. If you cannot find it at a local bookstore you can order it from Amazon. They already have it discounted!
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve;

I know how hard it is to write a book and get it to press.

I wish you all the best and I hope that you are richly rewarded for your efforts.

Kudos.

Ron

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Your local indie bookseller can pre-order it too, by the way. Just give them the title, publisher (focal press), and the author, the ISBN helps too (978-0-240-81055-3).
    As in Toadstool? I'll probably get to the Milford store this weekend to order it - thanks for the ISBN info Barry

I have the first edition.. + all the corrections.. I think I'm more than ready for the third. Thank you Steve, for both the additions to this third addition and letting us know what they are.
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, as in Toadstool. I'm planning a visit by one of them this weekend to do the same. Two orders on the same weekend for Darkroom Cookbook ought to freak them out a bit

A little off topic, but the Peterborough store has Christopher James's The book of Alternative Photographic Processes on the shelf.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin