Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,373   Online: 794

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am fortunate to live with some of Michael and Paulas prints.

I look at them every day and they inspire me to keep at my photography. (I was fortunate enough to assist them in one of their Italy trips and these, and a lot of generous imparting of information, are my reward)

The thought I could produce work like theirs one day keeps me hauling all that 8x10 gear down the path to my car and then back up again.
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    This one:
    Interesting. That one doesn't grab me at all. The one that dropped my jaw to the floor is Plate 58 Near San Quirico Val d'Orcia. (On the website.) I've never seen either a finer photograph or a finer print.
    Well, it's not like its an arresting composition, it just did these wierd visual effects on me while I looked at it. I like others like Paulas plate 38 Pitigliano, in which the griity detail of the brick almost had the taste of the dusty street in my mouth. Or Michaels plate 9 San Gimignano, reminiscent of the magic of Camelot on the hill. The whole exhibit was verging on sensory overload.

"Sensory overload." We like that. Thanks. Means you felt there was a lot to look at. Much better than feeling there wasn't enough.

The exhibition is on two floors at the museum and we realize that many people did not know there were more prints on the top floor than there were on the lower floor.

Hope you enjoyed our talk, too. We rushed it due to lack of time, but hope there was enough in there anyhow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith
    "Sensory overload." We like that. Thanks. Means you felt there was a lot to look at. Much better than feeling there wasn't enough.

The exhibition is on two floors at the museum and we realize that many people did not know there were more prints on the top floor than there were on the lower floor.

Hope you enjoyed our talk, too. We rushed it due to lack of time, but hope there was enough in there anyhow.
    We were quite satisfied with the experience. Do you and Paula get out to this area often to visit family? I'd be interested to hear of any areas you've found worthwhile to shoot in the Southeast, particularly Georgia. Ever try Providence Canyon?

We have not photographed in Georgia and we have never heard of Providence Canyon. Where is it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's in southwest Georgia. Right now is a good time to go, summer the heat in the canyon is almost unbearable. Heres a link:
    http://gastateparks.org/info/providence/

Theres quite a few wild places to go in Georgia, just like most any other place, you just have to know how to find them. Fort Mountain up north by Chatsworth has a lot of interesting stuff around it, Cloudland Canyon towards Trenton in the N.E. corner of the state has some nice vistas and hiking trails.
    Savanah has some really nice acrhitecture and nearby Fort Pulaski is a lot of fun to shoot old brick at.
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin