Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,291   Online: 1138

View Poll Results: Name for the new magazine

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • LFC: light, film, camera

17 50.00%
  • Traditional Photography

10 29.41%
  • Classic Photography

7 20.59%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: the name

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like Grain too. The best alternative to date in my estimation. Don't like LFC as it will just get lost on the shelf IMHO.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    trouble with LFC to me is I can't say it, I can't remember what it the letters stand for, and it reminds me of KFC (ok once a year, but no more!). I'd like it better without the acryonm ie "Light, Film & Camera".

Can't see Grain being appropiate since most claim they don't have any!

I voted for "Traditional Photography" but can see how that could be a bit boring and not encompase new old ways of doing things.

just pumped a few words thru the thesaurus and navigated to..

Visual (Visual Record)
    Visualize
    envisage
    create
    get the picture
    maker (The Maker)

I think we need something out of left field but aren't the one to provide it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LFC which also stands for (Liverpool Football Club , my workmate has LFC plastered all over his cubicle) still doesn't grab me yet. I guess because maybe it should be LFCP> light - camera - film - photographer or maybe LLCFP >light - lens - camera - film - photographer. Can photography be broken down into three items such as LFC without neglecting other important aspects?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    More Brainstorming:

Zone X (X is selling hot these days! hehe)
    Tones
    Tonal
    Dodge & Burn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about:

ABRACADABRA
    Celebrating the Magic of Wet Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    honestly, I still like Sean's suggestion: "grain" but that's the graphic designer in me. It seems to grab your attention very quickly in an edgy sort of manner. But I honestly don't care too much what the magazine is called as long as the content is high qualilty.

why not just "The Journal of Analog Photography" and then a sub-title describing the contents of the issue--in regard to the categorizing of the magazine as a "special issue"
    Dang-it Jeremy, the "Journal" was just the name I was going to suggest. I've been successful in getting published in several (2-actually) "journals"; Journal of Chemistry and the Journal of Electrochemistry.

But my favorite is "GRAIN". It sounds like "Grit", an ancient weekly on Wall Street stuff. However I voted for "Classic Photography". At any rate, it will be an up-hill battle for sure.

Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I voted for L,F,C, I'm just concerned that it's not going to jump visually from the stand when it's next to all the other Photographers Digests out their. but the idea is strong hopefully the graphics will draw attention.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    interjection for an old farm girl......grain sounds like a farm magazine. Or even a magazine on beer brewing.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    interjection for an old farm girl......grain sounds like a farm magazine. Or even a magazine on beer brewing.
    I thought that as well..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you don't mind me chucking in my ten-pence-worth...

I think the title HAS to include the word 'photography'. If it's going to get onto the news stand, it's going to be doing battle with thousands of other titles. You have about a tenth of a second to grab your buyer's attention, and if they have to work at ascertaining what the magazine's actually about, you've lost them.

Obviously if the magazine is going to be subscription-only, it's a different matter. Don't know if that helps or just confuses things further!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin