Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,771   Online: 982

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Benefit Exhibition and Auction by Elevator

Hello Folks,
    We've finished compiling the work from our three main workshops including the most recent featuring Joe Cornish, Bill Schwab, les McLean and Sandy King as well as the Street workshop with Les during Pride week and an Urban Night photography workshop with JD Callow. Their work and their students' work will be shown for one night at Toronto's Swankest Hotel The Hazelton Hotel, Yorkville, Toronto, Wednesday, October 29, 6:00-11:00pm
    The Hazelton Hotel, Yorkville, Toronto. The work will be auctioned off by Toronto's biggest Auction house. Proceeds benefit SNAP! and ACT (AIDS Committee of Toronto). Food will be catered by One (witch is a very posh restaurant) and the whole thing is helped along by the sponsorship of Kodak, mondrian-hall, APUG and Hybrid Photo (Thanx Sean!) The work is printed inhouse and mounted to 20x30"

I know most of you can't make it, but if you can you must -- it will be that good. Meanwhile, you can see the catalogue and bid on the work at our workshop website: http://www.elevatorworkshops.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sweet heavens above that is some beautiful work...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,
    You (Kevin and Les) are the dude(s). Some great work and I hope the prices go through the roof and that soon there'll be no need for an AIDs benefit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well? How did it go?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi John

Quick I will note we raised net proceeds between 6-7 thousand dollars that will go directly to Snap.

I will post photos and such later this week as I am kicking all the Brits and Yanks out of Canada as I type and they are pesky fellows and hard to get rid of.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good job! Kicking them out, I mean. Oh yeah, and congrats on the successful auction
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Large Format
    It was good, and character-forming for my creative process. Thanks Bob for everything.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin