Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 807

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A comprehensive technical collection on photography for sale

Found on 5B4 today:
    http://5b4.blogspot.com/2008/11/phot...technical.html

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cahan
    In this, my 32nd year as an antiquarian bookseller, specializing in the literature of photography, I am pleased to present for sale this most comprehensive collection of journals, manuals, and trade catalogues that chart the technical history of photography and photomechanical reproduction. There are three pdf files on our website that constitute the complete catalogue of the collection, with representative illustrations. These files can be downloaded or printed, and viewed at www.cahanbooks.com Please note that the search function of this website does not apply to these pdf files. This collection is being offered as a single unit for $1,200,000.00 and inquiries should be directed to Andrew Cahan.

acahan@cahanbooks.com

ANDREW CAHAN: BOOKSELLER, LTD.
    Specializing in Rare and Out-of-Print Photographic Literature
    PO BOX 1531
    Durham, North Carolina 27702
    USA
    Tel: 919-688-1054
    Web: http://www.cahanbooks.com
    Members of ABAA and ILAB
    I had a look at the PDFs on his website, and it is quite the show-stopping collection. Entire runs of the Daguerrian journals, old 19th century manuals about tri-color printing, and the list goes on.

Hopefully, a centre like the GEH or the ICP will get a hold of him.

Sean, you interested?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be wonderful if the entire collection was digitized and made available to the public. Google are you listening?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's $40 from each registered APUG member. Power in numbers ...

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    It would be wonderful if the entire collection was digitized and made available to the public. Google are you listening?
    *Sigh* It's out of my price range, but what a collection to have fully text searchable.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Holy wow.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin