Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,431   Online: 795

Greetings,

My name is Robare M. Novou. I'm a sign artist / gilder. I have be researching liquid gilding (gold chloride) for the past 20 years.

I have sucsessfully and safely produced gold chloride from solid gold, on my work bench here in my shop without the fear of breathing dangerous fumes and without the aid of exhaust vents. This is a simple setup..involving 3 flasks and a small amount of chemicals and a few grams of 999.9 gold.

I have written a book detailing formulas and procedures for producing gold chloride for application in gilding.

From what I have read and seen this may be the answer that some of you are seeking for successfully toning photographs with gold chloride. And might I add, at substancial $avings.

I maybe reached at zignmahn@yahoo.com

The spell check on this forum works great!

RMN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    is this running less than $13 a gram?

Greetings again,

I've had a few replies to the 3 flask system of safely producing gold chloride.

I don't know much about gold toning photographs...but from what I've read and researched and have seen on this site, leads me to believe that the 3 flask system would work for photographers grapeling with gold chloride production.

I normally sell my book to the sign gilding trade for $100. Half the book deals with the history of liquid gilding on glass in the sign industry...the other half deals with the production of gold chloride for its use in solution gilding on glass.

I would delete the history part of the book and focus on gold chloride production procedure. By doing this I could sell the book for half the cost, for say $50. Unless you want the book in all its glory, then its
    the $100.

I have read a lot of articles by the various trades, of ceramists, gilders, photographers, platers, refiners...and not one mentioned the 3 flask system.
    All they talk about is how dangerous it is , and it should be done out doors and/or with an air hood.

You can now ignore all that...purchase the book.
    and start making gold chloride safely.

My mailing address is

Robare M. Novou
    2995 S. Delaware Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53207

I accept checks, cash, or money orders.
    No western union or credit cards.

My email address is:

zignmahn@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    my understanding, after talking with a chemist, is that at least one of the chemicals is incredably dangerous, like fatal if inhaled!!

If the system is safe as this guy says, then the final product may not be the result required. I would do some research first
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Greetings,

Your chemist is right...the fumes produced are dangerous...thats why in all the literature I have read, they recommend doing it outdoors and that you stand back away from the fumes. I use to do this, but after discovering this 3 flask system, which by the way, I got from a person with a masters degree in chemistry, I now use it inside my shop, and up close so I can monitor it and make adjustments as I near the end of the process. WOW!!

I'm jumping up and down at how easy it now is to produce gold chloride,and how much more of it I get when doing so, and which can now be used in a whole host of processes, such as, gilding, photographic toning, ceramics gilding, plating. I use it for gilding glass signs. Gold chloride is a component in many formulas in many trades....It was always easy to find the gilding formula, but oh so hard to find a cheap pure supply of gold chloride.

The Information I did find on its production was very vague and dangerous.

If you pass this up, you are chained forever to your ignorance.

I hoping that at least one of you will give it a try. You wont be disappointed!

RMN

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin