Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,621   Online: 1249

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmxphoto View Post
    I'm sad to see them go. It was also a great experiment in Darwinian art. Articles and images were voted on by the community and the winners were published. It was a fantastic concept and a great community.
    I agree with ZenRhino that this was not Darwinian art or anything related to natural selection, but a popularity contest that was not enough to get this "great community" to buy the magazine. If enough people had purchased the magazine or voted with their dollars in their online shop then it would still be around. It was a worthy endeavor, but it just doesn't look like it will pan out as this crowd seems to prefer the web and flickr to an actual magazine.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darwinian art or popularity contest? Obviously, jpgmag wasn't fit to survive the natural selection process in itself.

However, businesses on the edge rarely survive, but the products or methods they created usually do through the refining process that more mature entities are able to apply.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now, I really really don't want to hijack the thread - and if needs be you could answer this is another (details in a moment); but, I'm very interested in your comments as I run the Creative Image Maker online magazine - which is totally free, not a business, does not get sponsorship, is now handled by myself and Chris Walrath and requests articles and images from the photographic community.

We do this voluntarily as we want to spread the knowledge amongst the photographic community, gain inspiration from other 'normal' photographers and let others know what is going on. I'm desperate to find out what people think of it, and any ideas that you have that will help us grow.

To that end, might I be cheeky enough to ask you to take a look around the Creative Image Maker website, download the PDF magazine and then pass back your thoughts and ideas. I genuinely want to produce something that is of interest to the community and become a useful resource.

In order that we don't hijack this thread, you can put your replies here.

Thank you, and please stop by the website http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk and pass on your thoughts.

David Vickers.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin