Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,614   Online: 807

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I saw the thread title, the first thought I had was "Leigh Bowery".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Getting your assistant to wind on the Rolleiflex after each frame is a bit lazy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    zinzin

Thanks for letting us know. I would have missed a great documentary. Very interesting to see behind the scenes of Rankins photo shoots. He really does seem to be one of them all round nice guys who you could just sit down and chat with for hours about photography. It was good to see Bailey at his usual best too.

Great stuff

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
    zinzin

He really does seem to be one of them all round nice guys who you could just sit down and chat with for hours about photography.

Stoo
    I liked the bit where he described himself as feeling like 'more of a bouncing rabbit' than a 'faun'.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Damn! Missed it last night but thought I would be able to watch it on bbc's i-Player, but sadly it's not on due to some restriction or other!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Damn! Missed it last night but thought I would be able to watch it on bbc's i-Player, but sadly it's not on due to some restriction or other!
    You can't watch it on i-Player but there are repeats - that's what I like about BBC4, they give you a chance to be disorganised! (referring to me, not you, I missed the first half)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gq75c

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is what Sky+ remote-record is for - when you're down the pub and suddenly remember that thing you really didn't want to miss, you can use your mobile phone to tell the box to record it for you .

I RR'd it, so looking forward to watching this weekend...
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I remembered just in time to watch the last few minutes.

Getting your assistant to wind on the Rolleiflex after each frame is a bit lazy!
    That's where I came in. Yes it was a bit lazy. About time they made motordrives for them!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    This is what Sky+ remote-record is for - when you're down the pub and suddenly remember that thing you really didn't want to miss, you can use your mobile phone to tell the box to record it for you.
    I don't have either so I will have to rely on the old fashioned 'have a look to see when it's repeated' method.

EDIT: Straight from the BBC website - 17 Jan 2009, 21:00 on BBC Four.

EDIT AGAIN: Darn it to heck* I have a gig that night so I'm going to miss it again.

(* Marge Simpson non-swearing quote).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    You can't watch it on i-Player but there are repeats - that's what I like about BBC4, they give you a chance to be disorganised! (referring to me, not you, I missed the first half)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gq75c
    For those too lazy to click on Cates link :rolleyes:, I thought I would just post these following dates and times the programme will be repeated on BBC 4:

#
    15 Jan 2009
    00:50
    BBC Four
    #
    17 Jan 2009
    21:00
    BBC Four
    #
    18 Jan 2009
    02:55
    BBB FOUR

Stoo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin