Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,614   Online: 807
      
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    61
    Images
    2
    When I saw the thread title, the first thought I had was "Leigh Bowery".

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    429
    Getting your assistant to wind on the Rolleiflex after each frame is a bit lazy!

  3. #13
    Stoo Batchelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,237
    Images
    42
    zinzin

    Thanks for letting us know. I would have missed a great documentary. Very interesting to see behind the scenes of Rankins photo shoots. He really does seem to be one of them all round nice guys who you could just sit down and chat with for hours about photography. It was good to see Bailey at his usual best too.

    Great stuff

    Stoo
    _____________________________________________

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
    zinzin

    He really does seem to be one of them all round nice guys who you could just sit down and chat with for hours about photography.

    Stoo
    I liked the bit where he described himself as feeling like 'more of a bouncing rabbit' than a 'faun'.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    429
    Damn! Missed it last night but thought I would be able to watch it on bbc's i-Player, but sadly it's not on due to some restriction or other!

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.K.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Damn! Missed it last night but thought I would be able to watch it on bbc's i-Player, but sadly it's not on due to some restriction or other!
    You can't watch it on i-Player but there are repeats - that's what I like about BBC4, they give you a chance to be disorganised! (referring to me, not you, I missed the first half)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gq75c

  7. #17
    tim_walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Croydon & Leeds
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,037
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Damn! Missed it last night but thought I would be able to watch it on bbc's i-Player, but sadly it's not on due to some restriction or other!
    This is what Sky+ remote-record is for - when you're down the pub and suddenly remember that thing you really didn't want to miss, you can use your mobile phone to tell the box to record it for you .

    I RR'd it, so looking forward to watching this weekend...
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

  8. #18
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,703
    Images
    122
    I remembered just in time to watch the last few minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Getting your assistant to wind on the Rolleiflex after each frame is a bit lazy!
    That's where I came in. Yes it was a bit lazy. About time they made motordrives for them!


    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  9. #19
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,703
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    This is what Sky+ remote-record is for - when you're down the pub and suddenly remember that thing you really didn't want to miss, you can use your mobile phone to tell the box to record it for you.
    I don't have either so I will have to rely on the old fashioned 'have a look to see when it's repeated' method.

    EDIT: Straight from the BBC website - 17 Jan 2009, 21:00 on BBC Four.

    EDIT AGAIN: Darn it to heck* I have a gig that night so I'm going to miss it again.

    (* Marge Simpson non-swearing quote).



    Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  10. #20
    Stoo Batchelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,237
    Images
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by catem View Post
    You can't watch it on i-Player but there are repeats - that's what I like about BBC4, they give you a chance to be disorganised! (referring to me, not you, I missed the first half)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00gq75c
    For those too lazy to click on Cates link :rolleyes:, I thought I would just post these following dates and times the programme will be repeated on BBC 4:

    #
    15 Jan 2009
    00:50
    BBC Four
    #
    17 Jan 2009
    21:00
    BBC Four
    #
    18 Jan 2009
    02:55
    BBB FOUR

    Stoo
    _____________________________________________

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin