Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,993   Posts: 1,633,199   Online: 1183

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With the way the US and world economies are going, and the huge numbers of print magazines shutting down, it's just not feasible for anyone to attempt to put out any magazine, let alone one aimed at a very small niche market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We have been hearing more and more interest in something paper for CIM. However, it is not in place yet. David and I are planning to offer you folks to be able to purchase a quarterly paper version of the .pdf content along with a little something special to up the ante, so to speak. We should have an idea of what we will do with this in time to announce it in the March issue of the .pdf. Feel free to download and print out the .pdf's in the meantime. That's what they are there for.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. As to a quarterly publication. It will be available from the same place as the .pdf downloads at the lulu storefront. It will just be an order for an actual book that you will need to pay and then it will be shipped to you. We're not at that point yet but we're working that general direction.
    Thanks I'll take a look.

Shooter
    35mm
    In Japan, there are a few, and one of them is called "Camera magazine":

http://blog.sideriver.com/camera/

I read a couple of old issues of this magazine and found some ads of the shots were to sell film cameras and encourage darkroom printing, which was kind of nice. But now the magazne seems slowing down a bit, and I don't if it's a bi-monthly or quarterly or bi-annually magazine any more! Last year, in the spring and summer, it looked like it was bi-monthly, but now, since the last September, there has not been a new issue yet! Supposedly there's going to be a Feburary issue coming out soon...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As others have mentioned 'niche market" Photo Techniques was the last magazine here in the states that had anything related to traditional photography. As mentioned by the OP 40% or more is now digital/ps crap.
    In this area even View Camera has disappeared from the local booksellers shelves. I haven't looked at subscriptions to VC because they even had too much(IMO) digital but if they were to expand their articles to cover small & medium format they might be able to handle the "niche".
    Perhaps as Lenswork did by going direct/subscription.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see that Chris has beaten me to it(!) but I'd just like to add that since Creative Image Maker was started in January '08, we too have had ups and downs like other magazines - it's enormously hard work to put these articles together, but it's worth it when you see people reading the text and viewing the images.

I initially started CIM to provide photographers a channel to share information, to support each other and 'spread the love' ;-) The magazine is only about traditional (non-digital) photography and both Chris and myself really need the input from the photographic community to make it all work, so please take a look and provide us with your feedback, ideas, articles and images.

I need to be absolutely certain that there is enough demand to warrant spending out on publishing a paper copy - I know that I have received a few emails and I've seen comments that people would like a paper mag, but 20 or 30 individuals isn't convincing enough! So, if you want a paper mag... email me and tell me, then I'll have a much better idea of demand!

Anyway, all being well, Chris and I have got a real bumper treat for you around March time - until then, well you'll just have to wait!!

Thank you all for your support to-date.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    EMULSIONMAGAZINE.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whilst the Emulsion Mag website is still up, you may be interested in this thread...

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...t=emulsion+mag

It would suggest that Emulsion Magazine is no more. I've no idea about the truths behind the comments, and I definitely do not want to take over the thread discussing the merits, or otherwise, of this magazine. I put it here for your info only as I came across it the other day.

David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_smith View Post

I've read the link about Fraction Magazine and I've found Black & White Photography but I'm not sure if that's just going to be a whole lot more of Photoshop desaturations?

Ted
    I read B&W magazine every months, but i am not sure I like the direction this magazine have taken. Some pages about printing have dissapears and even if analog photogarphy is still present there are more more articles about digital. I was dissapointed about the article about the so-called cyanotype which were only cyano-photoshoped digital pics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes. I loved getting Ailsa'a magazine every month until the D-SLR comparisons ala POP crept in, replacing the darkroom bit they ran monthly. I knew it spelled the beginning of the end as a reliable FILM photography-ish magazine. I know the film-related content was not exclusive, but it stood in the vast majority for some time. I still look forward to the magazine, but it is cast in a different light than before. It has lost a bit of its luster for me.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin