Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,743   Online: 930

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    vc is still around ...
    This is true, although I cant fully agree with the characterization of it as catering primarily to film users. Perhaps technically, since all you need is 51% film content to fit that bill. I was a faithful subscriber going way back, but I stopped subscribing then I stopped buying occasional issues off the new stand because there was so much digital content, 100% of which doesn't interest me. Why should I buy something for the same price as before when it has less of what I want? But I almost bought this month's issue, which seems to be nearly digital free, but it will take more than one issue like that to win my money back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though it is most likely scorn-worthy, knowing the APUG crowd, technically Light Leaks mgazine - largely catered toward the Lomography/Toy Camera niche, http://www.lightleaks.org/ - deals with film exclusively. I've never seen it in stores, but at Barnes and Noble, I've picked up B&W magazine as well as View Camera.

I think that a small but enthusiastic market is definitely there for a film-based magazine. Not only are there tons of APUG users, but it was also the subject of some recent talk on the Film Photography Podcast.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Agreed with VC and the digi. Although, they still have some good technical meterial and have provided a lot of inspiring photography, from what I have actually been able to see of it.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My comments re VC apply to B&W as well. I was so happy when I found that mag. That lasted a year or so, then my elation deflated along with analog photos per dollar spent. You'd think there would be a market for another Emulsion but nobody is brave enough to take the leap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Agreed Ted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin