Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,780   Online: 867

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

View Camera Magazine unresponsive

I bought a subscription to View Camera Magazine on October 1st of 2008 and have yet to receive an issue. I have written emails and called them. When I called, I was told that their computer was rebooting and they would call back. They never called back. My last email asking for an explaination has not had any response. I know they publish every two months so I expect I should have at least one issue by now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen the mag at Borders or Barnes & Noble for at least that long & am hoping they haven't folded.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Give them another call.
    They answer all emails (that I have sent) very promptly.

The Jan-Feb issue is online (if you subscribe for delivery, you can add this for a pittance and get an early look online).

haven't seen the hardcopy in the mailbox or and B/N or Borders, but its still early in February.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Email Andrea Miles "amiles@viewcamera.com", she's very efficient and always on the ball.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Sub

funny but you are not the only person with this issue going on...I renewed several months ago and was promised back issues I had missed and have since received zip zero zilch....called on monday and no return call on my status...at this point it is a moot point...mag aint that great but I have been a supporter for over 10 years...so much for loyalty!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got a Jan/Feb issue at B&N a month ago. I remember whilst subscribing about four years ago the mag was notoriously a no show at my own door then.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

view camera

just to set the record straight I just received an email back from them and the issues in question will be sent out ups ground this week....email works!!
    Best, Peter

Images
    Good Afternoon,

The November/December issue never appeared at either Border's or at Barnes & Noble stores in our area. So far, there is also no sign of the January/February issue. I also had occasion to check a Books-a-Million store in Alabama during the Thanksgiving period; no luck there either.

Re [I]View Camera[I] responsiveness: Last spring, well prior to the foto3 event, I cancelled my registration and sent View Camera a request for refund of the fee because, to my regret, I was unable to attend. No immediate response was forthcoming. Later in the summer, I sent two separate letters to Steve Simmons (also an e-mail to Andrea Miles, I think). So far I have received not only no refund, but no response whatsoever.

I have often purchased View Camera and have found it to be an informative and useful publication; I was actually on the verge of subscribing last summer. Recent events, I regret to say, make me very reluctant to do so.

Konical

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    I met Mr. Simmons a couple of years ago at PDN PhotoPlus Expo in NYC. After meeting him, I never picked up another copy of their magazine - he was rude, abrasive and overall a jerk to me, a customer who spends my hard-earned money on a magazine such as VC. He also kind of looked like a serial killer, which was scary.

I met the publisher of B&W at Photo LA a while ago - I think '02? '03? I showed him some of my work, which he liked and told me to submit. Unfortunately wasn't accepted, but he was polite about not being accepted. He was as friendly as could be. I also met the Editor of Focus last year at AIPAD. He too was very polite, though not as sociable. He was stuck in a dark hallway with everyone trying to pick up a copy of the magazine which he was selling.

I have never understood why Mr. Simmons wasn't polite to me. I was a subscriber!

I've never had a problem with any other magazine I subscribe to, which is all of them (except COLOR).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryRosen View Post
    He also kind of looked like a serial killer, which was scary.
    Which one?

Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin