Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,097   Online: 802

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="brimc76"]
    I'm sorry to hear about PhotoVision going under

I used to subscribe to the old Camera & Darkroom magazines both the one from USA and UK. They were both good reads. The former, I am told, was killed off and I received a different magazine in its place, one I was not interested in, while the other one seemed to collapse when the editor moved to France to try to help his wife's medical condition. There is little one can do in these circumstances but it does jolt one's confidence and future willingness to commit to a subscription.

There is little one can do in these circumstances but it does jolt one's confidence and future willingness to commit to a subscription.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Once again, View Camera and CameraArts have never missed an issue.

www.viewcamera.com
    www.cameraarts.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would enjoy seeing a sidebar with portfolios about technique and process. I remember a portfolio a few years back by Joe Levick (sp) of photos of a marble quarry. With the portfolio was a nice sidebar about his technique and development by inspection. I think one of those with a portfolio per issue, and I see Steve Ancell will be contributing also.

I have also greatly enjoyed the articles on various lens companies. I would like to see more articles such as the one you ran a few issues back about the Eastmen Commercial View 8x10. Maybe a set of articles about the offerings of past camera manufacturers. Follmer & Schwing, Burke and James, Empire, Korona etc. I know many of these companies were combined, or bought by others etc. Maybe some historical background of cameras and companies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Other magazines that have stumped for subscriptions on apug have offered complimentary free issues to the people who contacted them. I think if you are sincere you could at least do similar to what others have offered. Then those who have not seen you publications would have a chance to review it.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have learned over the years that there are people who are only in search of free stuff and will never support the source. We have poseted several free articles on our site. If that is not enough of an indication of the quality of our magazines then so be it. For a 25 dollar investment, returnable if you are not satisfied, I think our publications are worth the gamble.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    aggie:

on the mailing label there is a user name / password that you use to access the articles online. i ALWAYS throw mine out by accident ... vc is happy to email you the password/user name if you ask them for it .. i know i have dne that a few times and they emailed back in less than a day

-john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

I have had a subscription to VC and Ca for almost a year now, and have yet not been able to access the free articles. Why?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The instructions for both View Camera and cameraArts have been on the bottom of each magazine's Table of Contents page for the last several issues. In addition, in the Dec03/Jan 04 issue of CameraArts there is a more detailed explanation in the Publisher's Statement. The explanation will also appear on page 3 of the Jan/Feb 04 issue of View Camera.

We have been placing important back articles and supplemental info from each issue on the web pages in the Subscribers' Section. You need a User ID and a Password to access these sections of our web pages. That info is always on your address label.

Happy Holidays

Steve Simmons

I love VC magazine as a quality publication that for the most part does a good job.

So I just have to wonder why the publisher insist on doing something that irritates so many of it's readers. I hope this subscriber's section thing brings in a LOT of extra subscribers as it sure seems to cause a lot of irritation for a wide variety of reasons. I know it irritates me as a "buyer" but non-subscriber since 97. From discussions on several forums many others have their own problems with it.

Yes Steve, I know you don't understand why it should be irritating but it seems that is only because you aren't listening to your readers.

Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, it contributed to my decision to stop buying VC. Of course, I wasn't permitted to subscribe in the first place, not being resident in America.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin