Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,002   Online: 779

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="steve simmons"]
    I am proud of what we do and feel that our subscription prices are modest when compared to the content.

Why are subscriptions not available in the UK ?
    The last time I bought VC I paid something like £7.50 for a single copy.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

First of all our magazines are available in the UK from Robert White

sales@robertwhite.co.uk

we found this manner of distribution to be much more efficient than individually mailing them.

Secondly, our web content is free to subscribers. We have not raised subscription prices to cover the extra expense of putting the material on the web. People who decide not to subscribe but to buy copies of the stand are getting the same size magazine, with the same volume of content, on the same quality of paper as before. They have not been shortchanged at all.

To try and message any hurt feelings we are making web access available to non-subscribers for an annual subscription fee.

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    First of all our magazines are available in the UK from Robert White.......
    Secondly, our web content is free to subscribers. ......
    To try and message any hurt feelings we are making web access available to non-subscribers for an annual subscription fee.

steve simmons
    Steve
    As previously mentioned I purchase VC and I am very happy with the magazine, however your comments above lead me to ask a few basic questions.

1. As I buy every issue from RW, am I considered a subscriber?

2. Does the web content offer any extra information not available in the mag

3. Am I eligible to see the web content?

Regards

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yes, if you get the magazine from Robert White you are a subscriber. We furnish them with the necessary info every issue.

Please read the info at the bottom of the magazine's Table of Contents page (both magazines). I know the info was on the Dec03/Jan 04 issue of CA and the Nov/Dec 03 issue of VC.

There is a further explanation in the Publisher's Statement in the Dec 03/Jan 04 issue of CameraArts and the same will appear in the Jan/Feb 04 VC.

Once more

You need a Usr ID and a password. For VC the USER ID is always VCSUB (in caps). Then there is a six digit number after VCSUB on the label. We use birthdates so the first number is always a 0 or a 1. Remember, six digits, not five and not smewhere else on the label. This number changes every issue.

For CA the User ID is CASUB - in caps. The password is a six digita number, also a birthdate, after the CASUB on the label. Not five letters, not five numbers. This also changes every issue.

The content on the web is supplemental to the magazine. For example, there is more of Barry Haynes article on Photoshop CS on the web. There is more about the new program Paint Shop Pro on the web - a how -to type example. There is a portfolio of Susan Abrams on the web as well (the hand made paper article). From the Nov/Dec 03 VC there is more of Kerry Thalmann's article on 6x12. We will add more to the web secvtion from the Jan/Feb 04 issue.

The format for the supplemental material is PDF. If you do not have Acrobat on your computer you can download it from our site. You can then download the extra material, print it out, and stick it in each issue so it will be available as ;long as you have the issue.

Happy New year

steve simmons

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin