Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,203   Online: 988

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CameraArts is expanding our coverage of the traditional darkroom. In our Feb/March issue we will have a survey article on the currently available fiber based printing papers. We will explain the difference between bromide and chlorobromide papers in the same article. In future issues we will do articles on the Ansco 130 developer, and a variety of print enhancement techniques. We will also show a black and white portfolio each issue and have the photographer discuss his/her printing techniques.

View Camera is starting its own series on the art and craft of black and white with Ron Rosenstock taking one of his photographs each issue and discussing everything from the initial vision in the field to the final execution in the darkroom.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com
    www.cameraarts.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up, but kind of smacks of an infomercial to me. Maybe we need to create another forum for such things.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wouldn't that be the "Book, Magazine, ect..." thread? Just a suggestion - probably a better place for Steve's information.
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked up the latest issue, March/April 2004 and will hand it to Steve it does have some good articles about Traditional darkroom and analog photography. I would recommend it .

Steve, I have a question for you and also a suggestion. The question is, say I should decide to subscribe, how long is the subscriber only information available?

Now for the suggestion, have you ever considered having the magazine info and the subscriber info combined onto a CD that could be purchased. I realize that is very much like what Lenswork does, but why not make it available to those that do not want to pay for a subscription, or for those that do it could be purchased at a reduced price. Sometimes it would be nice to have the information available (expanded) that could be printed out and taken on a trip, or into the darkroom - I keep the computer out of the dark - don't want it to be afraid of the enlargers.

Anyhow, just a thought and hopefully others here can add their thoughts as well .. may be just a bum idea, but may be a way to increase sales and then we all win.

ps...just wanted to let you know we are not always beating on you..

Thanks,
    Mike C

Rambles

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wouldn't that be the "Book, Magazine, ect..." thread? Just a suggestion - probably a better place for Steve's information.

Isn't that where he placed it?

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Steve,
    Did you get my "PM" re: my subscription?

Matt

The supplemental subscriber info remains and is added to easch issue, Subscribers have access to it as long as they are a subscriber.

I did not understand the question about the PM??

We have put collections of articles on CD. We have a collection of the lens articles we've done on one CD and a collection of view camera technique articles on another CD. We are creating a CD with articles by Alan Ross on variable contrast pritning.

thanks and I know people are not always beating on me. We always appreciate constructive comments.

steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, thanks for the input..Apology's for not being more clear. Was aware of your lens/view camera CD's was hoping to get you to start a CD of traditional darkroom (maybe combined with the Camera Arts) articles.

Glad to here the subscriber only info stays available, helps to know.

Thanks again,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [quote="mobtown_4x5"]Steve,
    Did you get my "PM" re: my subscription?

Steve I sent you a pm (private message) about 3 weeks ago regarding subscriptions too. I haven't heard anything back yet.
    Brian McDowell

Our e-mail address is

largformat@aol.com

We will take subscriptions directly from Canada. The cost is $40/US.

steve simmons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin