Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,883   Online: 868

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sure I recall other people from Europe complaining about having to go through Robert White.

However, as for checking my facts, I used to subscribe through RW. Then you had the quaint notion that publishing the whole of an article in the magazine was unnecessary, and that you'd leave part of some articles only on your website. Of course, distribution via Robert White didn't quite account for this, and meant that in order to read the magazine I'd already paid for I had to phone Robert White each month (during working hours, of course) to get the password to get on to the site to read the rest of the magazine.

When this was raised on another list, you couldn't see any reason to change things, so this was one of the factors in my decision to stop subscribing.

Lenswork, on the other hand, manages to allow Europeans to subscribe to their magazine without any difficulty.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="efikim"]I had to phone Robert White each month (during working hours, of course) to get the password to get on to the site to read the rest of the magazine.

Glad you mentioned that. I wondered how RW subscribers were catered for.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Then you had the quaint notion that publishing the whole of an article in the magazine was unnecessary,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

On one occasion we published the photos in the magazine in pure portfolio style and the text on the web. We admitted this was an experiment and admitted that we would not do it again. We we put on the web before and since is supplemental material. The magazine has remained between 64-72 pages for 10+ YEARS AND WE HAVE NOT CUT THE CONTENT DUE TO A DROP OFF IN ADVERTISING OR BECAUSE WE PUT MATERIAL ON THE WEB. sUBSCRIBERS, EITHER DIRECTLY THROUGH US OR VIA A DISTRIBUTOR STILL GET THE SAME SIZE AND QUALITY OF MAGAZINE AS ALWAYS. (sorry for the caps, I hit the CAPS KEY by mistake)

Again, the reason we went to Robert White was that it speeded up the delivery and made it more reliable. This is called customer service. To make an absurd statement that we do not acknowledge the UK or Europe really is a comment about the poster and not about us.

If someone wants to subscribe directly with us and is willing to pay $75/yr we will take your sub.

steve simmons

Shooter
    35mm
    How about answering fintan's question, Steve?

I'll leave the rest as it is.

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about answering fintan's question, Steve?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To get a copy of CameraArts in the UK you can

contact sales@robertwhite.co.uk

or contact us. The cost from us is $7.00US plus postage which is about $8.00US for first class.

steve simmons

If you are a subscriber through Robert White or Process Photo Center in Canada we do give them the Password for each issue so they should be supplying the info to their customers.

Here is how it works

You need a USER ID. This is always VCSUB (must be in CAPS). This never changes.

You need a Password. This is also on the address label if you get the magazine from us. It is a six digit sequence that reads like a birthdate - always starts with a 0 or a 1. It follows VCSUB on the address label. Again, if you subscribe through White or Process Photo they have the info every issue.

We also have several free articles available to everyone on our web site

www.viewcamera.com

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Steve, I'd like to get an issue.

Can you tell me if you have an approximate percentage of non-film photography [d******] articles. I see your current issue has several. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The sub-title of CameraArts is The Art and Craft of Photography in the 21st Century. We will always have a mix of digital and traditional and the mix will vary each issue. To make a separation is artificial. It would be like only doing platinum articles 100 years ago when another process came along because the newer process was not considered photography. This is soooooo silly and unfortunate. That said with the apparent demise of Photovision we are increasing our coverage of traditional black and white. We have upcoming articles on dye dodging, using black and white for fashion and portraiture, Across rollfilm in PMK, tradigital photography, etc.

www.cameraarts.com

steve simmons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good luck with your publication, however I suggest you become more customer friendly.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

can you be more specific?

steve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin