Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,983   Online: 1058

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

In the Feb/March issue Steve Anchell does an up to date survey on black and white fiber based printing papers including changes coming from Kodak.

Future articles in progress include masking the negative, a fashion and figure photographer who specializes in black and white, and a test of fiber based papers and various developers for tone and contrast options. Other articles on working in the tradional darkoom are in progress including a test of the Acros 120 and 35mm film in PMK, a test of several Pyro and Pyrocatechol based film developers (this will be in View Camera), a look at Ansco's 130 print developer, a test of the new Sekonic L558 meter (Zoning with the Multi-Tasking Meter: An Update), and more.

CameraArts and View Camera are working hard to be the magazines for the traditional photogrpahers. We have more of this type of article than any other magazine that we know of.

steve simmons
    www.cameraarts.com
    www.viewcamera.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would love to subscribe to View Camera (I have been buying back issues in bulk once a year and it is a pain) but being in Europe I must pass through R. White and I do not like it. I prefer to pay all upfront directly from the publisher and receive my issues in a timely manner. Unfortunately, this is not possible here in Stockholm, Sweden. I am hoping that one day I can be a subscriber directly from the source.
    Francesco

Images
    Do we really need 5 different posts about these magazines in this forum?
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Steve, I will be reading the next issue with great interest - when will it ship?

Any hint as to what the changes are from KodaK? I hope they are going to leave PolyMax Fine Art alone - it is my current favorite paper (not warm tone).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those that might be interested the picked up the new CamerArts with Steve Anchell's article on the survey FB papers - if you have read Steves book on VC printing it is worth tracking down...plus some nice portfolios. Steve S, keep this type of work coming and you will start to pick up some of the analog folks. Good photo publications are getting harder to find..B&W UK is about the only other I have found (OK, Lenswork is great - but not really the same type of publication).
    Mike C

Rambles

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:10 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those that might be interested the picked up the new CamerArts with Steve Anchell's article on the survey FB papers - if you have read Steves book on VC printing it is worth tracking down...plus some nice portfolios. Steve S, keep this type of work coming and you will start to pick up some of the analog folks. Good photo publications are getting harder to find..B&W UK is about the only other I have found (OK, Lenswork is great - but not really the same type of publication).

Thanks for the note. Yes, we are making an effort to pick up readers from PhotoVision (apparently out of publication). We have more articles on traditional black and white scheduled in the coming months

dye dodging
    Acros roll films in PMK
    Ansco 130 paper developer
    doing fashion and portraiture in black and white

We are also doing a two part article on paper and developer combiunations in View Camera. The first part is in the March/April issue (will be out in two weeks) and the second part will be in the May/June issue. Bruce Barlow is writing the article andf will be at the View Camera conference showing the results.

steve simmons
    www.cameraarts.com
    www.viewcamera.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    In the Feb/March issue Steve Anchell does an up to date survey on black and white fiber based printing papers including changes coming from Kodak.
    Steve, not picking but I did not see any info from Steve Anchell on 'changes coming for Kodak' - did that info not make the article or is the information not ready for prime time.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    You could try contacting Robert White in the UK http://www.robertwhite.co.uk, who might have a spare copy. Otherwise, with difficulty, as Steve Simmons on the whole prefers not to acknowledge the existence of Europe.[/url]

Posted: 24 Feb 2004 12:38 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could try contacting Robert White in the UK http://www.robertwhite.co.uk, who might have a spare copy. Otherwise, with difficulty, as Steve Simmons on the whole prefers not to acknowledge the existence of Europe.[/url]
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Unfortunatly this is another example of someone coming on posting nonsense without bothering to check their facts. We developed a distribution system with Robert White becasue it is much more efficient than sending over sungle copies to readers. They The subscribers get their copies much quicker and more reliably this way..

Yes, we do care about readers outside the US. Please do your homework before posting info about our magazines.

steve simmons

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin